Rumor out of Columbia Muschamp is out [Confirmed]

Steve Spurrier ruined South Carolina. Three consecutive 11-win seasons, gave them their one and only sniff of an SEC championship game, had them in the National conversation most seasons, produced great players like Clowney, Lattimore, Stephon Gilmore, Alshon Jeffrey, Jared Cook, Sidney Rice, and others. Now, the SC fan base thinks they should have this annually. They think they should win 11 games every year, have rosters full of NFL dudes, get back to the SECCG game, etc. Aint gonna happen. It took a generationally good coach to give them their best years ever. Unless they find another Spurrier, it’s over for them.

Sounds familiar..... Sounds really familiar.....

Reactions: FranklinVFL
Steve Spurrier ruined South Carolina. Three consecutive 11-win seasons, gave them their one and only sniff of an SEC championship game, had them in the National conversation most seasons, produced great players like Clowney, Lattimore, Stephon Gilmore, Alshon Jeffrey, Jared Cook, Sidney Rice, and others. Now, the SC fan base thinks they should have this annually. They think they should win 11 games every year, have rosters full of NFL dudes, get back to the SECCG game, etc. Aint gonna happen. It took a generationally good coach to give them their best years ever. Unless they find another Spurrier, it’s over for them.

And with all that, it still took Florida and Tennessee being trash while he was at Carolina to help.

I still think they've only beaten one Florida team worth a damn.

Reactions: Jaws
Why in the hell would Hugh Freeze take the SCar job? He’ll have the opportunity to get a big time P5 job in the next couple of years.

Agreed, and S.Carol isn't going after Freeze anyway
Billy Napier is their top guy from the sound of it.

I think some folks forgot to tell SC they aren’t allowed to fire anyone this year.

South Carolina will always have to do a lot of recruiting out of state, just like Tennessee does and Clemson do. South Carolina will probably do what Tennessee will do next year, or the year after. Hire someone off the bargain rack.

Really?? NO They Won't! If that was the plan, they wouldn't have fired Muschamp mid season. They want to get a head start on a PROVEN HC. That's so easy to see.

Don’t want this jackass anywhere near our program. Screw him

Two Jackasses better than One? Well our current DC ain't making it. But, I say, Clean House and maybe hire Will to be DC with FREEZE! Titanic is 100 ft down already.

I wish I could get $15 MIll for getting fired.
It's truly amazing.

Would you rather make 100% of your contract value for working 100% of the length of it, or make 70% of your contract value for working 30% of the length of it? The risk/reward in these deals is so in favor of the coach.

Reactions: Boca Vol
"THIS YEAR SO FAR". Just wanted you take another close look at your statement.
Noone expected much at all his first year and gave him a pass. Most everyone, including you (I bet) were happy and considered maybe he had it "figured out" with the way last year ended..

This year however..... OMG...

Last edited:
Reactions: GoVols64

VN Store

Back