[RUMOR] Dormady leaving the team [Update: at practice today]

Where has Currie been?? All of this the past few weeks: lose to UF on the final play, barely beat UMASS, get absolutely stomped at home by UGA, tons of players leaving the program, fights, suspensions, Jones attacking the media....

Seriously, what more has to happen before the AD at least makes some kind of statement about the program.

Saying nothing is the loudest statement he can make. He hasn't come out in support of Butch. And he isn't going to run down his coach while looking for a new one. Saying nothing at this point is the clearest way he can say "the current state of affairs is unacceptable."

Reactions: 2 people
Where has Currie been?? All of this the past few weeks: lose to UF on the final play, barely beat UMASS, get absolutely stomped at home by UGA, tons of players leaving the program, fights, suspensions, Jones attacking the media....

Seriously, what more has to happen before the AD at least makes some kind of statement about the program.

maybe he's giving jones just enough rope to hang himself with?

You know the offense sucks when the starting running back (Hurd last year) and the starting quarterback ( Dormady this year) transfer to get opportunities to showcase their talents instead of going down with the ship!

Yeah, he did speak, just after the Florida loss:

"“I’m very proud of the job that our staff has done in rebuilding our program, and Coach Jones,” Currie told Kersey. “People get hung up in speculation before they really know anything about what they’re talking about sometimes. I’m very confident in the future of our program.”"

Report: Tennessee AD John Currie comments on Butch Jones' job security

If he wants a shot at the Pros Dormady must transfer. It should be apparent to any observer that Jones' system is a Black Hole for aspiring QBs. Only an outstanding talent such as Dobbs has a chance under Jones' tutelage. Whether it is coaching (or lack thereof), play calling or system being taught, the typical HS QB will learn nothing under Jones, after four years he will essentially be exactly where he was in QB knowledge as when he left HS. Except, his self esteem and confidence will be severely impaired.

Dobbs was/is an exception. His success at Tennessee as a QB has to be attibuted to his exceptional intellect and self motivation - not anything Jones' system did.

Peterman left and got enough productive work at Pittsburgh to get a shot at the Pros. Ferguson left and is doing well at Memphis and will probably have an opportunity in the Pros.

If Jones stays at Tennessee and does not materially change his approach to the QB system, there will be no QB recruits in the program.

Reactions: 1 person
The team needs to do what the team did to the coach on Varsity Blues. We aint going out there until you leave!

If all this be true, that's two starters in two years that quit in the middle of the football season. That's just good coaching there.

Dumb question I know but have we considered the source of info in relation to being good accurate infor??? The info is only as good as the source. Just saying....so who actually broke this rumor??

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, he did speak, just after the Florida loss:

"“I’m very proud of the job that our staff has done in rebuilding our program, and Coach Jones,” Currie told Kersey. “People get hung up in speculation before they really know anything about what they’re talking about sometimes. I’m very confident in the future of our program.”"

Report: Tennessee AD John Currie comments on Butch Jones' job security

Notice he's been silent since? The people who make the actual decisions have probably told him to pipe down. I thought Governor Haslam's comments were more telling

Q: Back to Tennessee football, what do you think of that program, where it is and the job Butch Jones is doing?

A: “Well, Tennessee football has unparalleled tradition, facilities and program infrastructure. As somebody who grew up caring about Tennessee football, you always want to make certain that we’re a competitive, top-ranked team. It’s also important to that part of the state economically. I used to be the mayor of Knoxville, you could track tax receipts for good seasons, and when the Vols did well people spent more money on hotels, more money in restaurants, they’d buy more merchandise, etc. It’s important to that part of the state and the state as a whole. I’m like everybody else, I enjoy it when Tennessee is having a season where we’re a top-ranked team, and I think most people feel that’s where Tennessee should be. As governor, it’s not my role to comment on anything beyond that, except to say … I think coach Jones is working hard to build the right kind of program. Where players graduate, where players are great citizens off the field, and that they also win on the field. And I think there’s probably nobody more frustrated with the last two weeks than coach Jones. And I know that he understands how important it is that Tennessee be a top-ranked program.”

VN Store

Back