(Rumor) Chaney reached out to Hurts

We already have a QB. A couple more on scholarship (including Maurer) and another committed for 2012. Exactly why would we need him or better yet why would he want to come here? I’m calling BS.

JG isn’t the future and Pruitt isn’t high on Shrout. Play Hurts and redshirt Maurer while he gets bigger and stronger.

Worth kicking the tires on. Hes a heck of a football player.

He ll have plenty of takers.

The boy is a winner, plain and simple. He could help us a lot if he decided to come here. Plus the NFL already knows about him, playing for us wouldn't hurt him at all.

Honesty I think of he came here and put up solid stats he would make a better case for himself for the nfl. Going to a wife open pass happy system wouldn’t do much for him since pretty much all QBs put up monster stats. Going somewhere that has struggled and being able to put the team on his back and lead them to more wins says a lot more than going somewhere established and just continuing the same doesn’t day much. And going to a Big 12 type O really doesn’t say anything.

Id hope the QB we had committed since 2012 would have made it to campus by now.

Remember the D Lineman, Gerald Williams
It took him 8 years to become academically eligible and he played for 5 years and had grandchildren before he graduated from UT
So class recruit of 2012 is not fat fetched

This is stupid. He comes to UT & Pruitt plays JG and does Hurts just like he did to Chryst.
If I were Hurts, I would run from UT in a dead sprint. He will come here to ride the bench.
Guarantee it

This is stupid. He comes to UT & Pruitt plays JG and does Hurts just like he did to Chryst.
If I were Hurts, I would run from UT in a dead sprint. He will come here to ride the bench.
Guarantee it

I think he could fight for starter just fine. Looked good vs UGA. Running qb hides OL deficiencies.

My question is this: do you risk JG transferring and we lose a 5th year qb in 2020? Guess that risk depends on what they think of Maurer and Shrout. Definitely wouldn't put it on Bailey, who's not even signed yet.

Reactions: Volanta
Guarantee it
LOL... if Hurts comes here, he is the starting QB the rest of the way... no ifs, ands, or butts!

LOL... if Hurts comes here, he is the starting QB the rest of the way... no ifs, ands, or butts!

Pruitt loves JG too much. If he benched JG for Hurts, it would harm JG's psyche. Then in 2020, when Hurts was gone, JG would know he didn't have Pruitts full confidence and would be looking over his shoulder all season.
Pruitt won't bench JG

I think he could fight for starter just fine. Looked good vs UGA. Running qb hides OL deficiencies.

My question is this: do you risk JG transferring and we lose a 5th year qb in 2020? Guess that risk depends on what they think of Maurer and Shrout. Definitely wouldn't put it on Bailey, who's not even signed yet.

This scenerio is bad. Hurts starts in 2019. Hurts graduates and JG starts for 2020.
Then once JG graduates yet another QB will start
How do you start a successful program when JG is QB 2018, Hurts is QB 2019, JG again in 2020 and someone else in 2021
Too much chaos

Reactions: k-town_king
Duke would be good for him.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d take him but I doubt we’re his number 1 choice.

This scenerio is bad. Hurts starts in 2019. Hurts graduates and JG starts for 2020.
Then once JG graduates yet another QB will start
How do you start a successful program when JG is QB 2018, Hurts is QB 2019, JG again in 2020 and someone else in 2021
Too much chaos

0% chance that happens imo. JG would be gone in a flash.

From the OC search to this. Volnation find something else to do. From September to November it's fire all the coaches play this guy not that guy. Then it's you better hire this guy hurry up why is it taking so long. Now it's this mess. Go cheer for the basketball team already.

Reactions: arkivol
We already have a QB. A couple more on scholarship (including Maurer) and another committed for 2012. Exactly why would we need him or better yet why would he want to come here? I’m calling BS.

Right, the last thing we need for recruiting is to tempt a mercenary aka grad transfer in to muck up the process.

VN Store

Back