(Rumor) Chaney reached out to Hurts

This is a terrible place for Hurts. He needs a dominant offensive line.
Agree. He has one year to play, needs to go to a much more stable, much better program that can win big next year with him at QB....Tennessee ain’t remotely that.

Exactly. Our O-line will be much improved next season. Book it.
Based on what? And if they are much improved, that’ll make them what, only well below average rather than literally the worst OL in all of college football?

A buddy sent me this, dont know how to copy a tweet here, comes from a guy named Joe Nuchols or something. Anything to it?

Jim Chaney wasting no time in his new position as Tenn. O.C. by reaching out to soon to be graduate transfer Jalen Hurts. Multiple sources suggest there is mutual interest.
Wasn’t he the same guy that said Gruden was at the airport? More nonsense

Reactions: Volanta
If Jalen reads this board prior to making his decision he might not come here. Thanks a lot negavols!!

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
A buddy sent me this, dont know how to copy a tweet here, comes from a guy named Joe Nuchols or something. Anything to it?

Jim Chaney wasting no time in his new position as Tenn. O.C. by reaching out to soon to be graduate transfer Jalen Hurts. Multiple sources suggest there is mutual interest.

OMG. Another Chaney and Hurts thread.

dsb1.gif

Just messing with you, brother. Carry on.

Semper Fi

Folks underestimating the impact that Morris and Wright will make next year.

They actually will both probably start considering the state of our talent at OL. That being said, unless these two are utter anomolies of stardom they'll be eaten alive in the SEC until deep into the season. They'll be facing a host of NFL ready players who have been in CFB s&c programs, games, and practices for 2-4 years.

I always think back to that poor Gator true FR tackle who had to face a SR DE Todd Kelly back in the early 90s late 80s. The kid got destroyed play after play and UFs quarterback is probably still in the ICU.

Long story short that FR tackle grew up in his career and became 1st Team All SEC! That's what development does. 5* ratings on Rivals ain't even close when your 19 years old and in the SEC trenches.

It'll almost certainly take more time than this October.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Dobbs made it work for him, not saying he had stellar OLs. Although were it me or my kid, I'd recommend he go where the OL was in better shape.
Exactly Dobbs masked our Oline faults pretty well and he was under rated for the most part. Hurts would actually make us look more like the 2015/2016 vols and I'm ok with that. This would give our Oline another year to get bigger and stronger and improve. Then when hurts leaves it can be a free for all at QB

Personally, I don't know anything about Hurts, but my bama business partner wanted him to transfer after the 2017 season. He said Tua was a far superior quarterback compared to Hurts. Hurts has a difficult time reading defense and panics very quickly (takes off running before play can develope). Hurts accuracy improved under Enos tutelage, but (his accuracy) is still inconsistent. Hurts was asked to change positions to running back and tight end but declined. Hurts caused a division within the locker room and fan base due to Hurt's father who is publicly very vocal, creates lots of drama, and is very mettlesome. I'm not posting to create an argument but simply relaying what I have been told repeatedly by a bama super-fan. If Pruitt and Chaney believe Hurts gives the best chance to win then I hope he transfers here.

VN Store

Back