Rumor at this point, Tee looking to Auburn?

Why wouldn't he leave? Pruitt clearly can't sign him to a new deal right now. He can restart the clock at a new job, rather than just waiting for the axe here. Oh, and maybe Harsin will be a good coach that he can learn from, unlike what he has at present.

We have an AD that was allowed to sign a head coach to an extension and a raise after losing to ga state. We have a Chancellor that was allowed to sign a AD to an extension and raise after signing the said extension. These are the kinds of problems that have taken UT from a hole and put them in an abyss. This has all happened under Randy Boyd's watch. While this football program is burning to the ground because of indecisiveness and a lack of leadership, this is the same president that lacks the fortitude to step in and take control of this situation. He can't hide behind the "inherited mess" excuse any more than Pruitt can at this point.

Reactions: loservol
You are a freaking moran...randy boyd is not the problem, he inherited this mess...i understand you are frustrated but be freaking educated if you call someone out by name

I get it but ...
source.gif

Reactions: RockyTop865
That is a PR piece. It was all of it. Rick flat out said he would be the coach at UCLA had they not balked on his buyout. So I guess really the AD to thank is whomever put that in place.
Oh most definitely, I should have added more context to the post. Really just backup info for my case that Boyd is not the issue. But it should be stated that Barnes has named Randy as a reason and the care he showed for the entire staff and not just the HC. Randy committed more money and security to Barnes staff than what UCLA did and that was definitely a good piece. Definitely not the main deciding factor, but was definitely important none-the-less.

I honestly don't know enough to agree or disagree, therefore I agree.
Well, a good example is, he is working for no salary from 2018 to 2025 and the only thing he asked for was the University to pay for his health insurance at $10K per year. And committed his own money to help pay Barnes and his staff more to alleviate strain from the Athletic Department.

The mob mentality and passion of us Tennessee fans can be amazing and extremely terrible at the same time. We can't let our anger for one aspect of the University ruin everything else we have that is good just because people don't want to take the time to pull back the curtain and see what is really going on.

Reactions: Tennessee Cowboy
We have an AD that was allowed to sign a head coach to an extension and a raise after losing to ga state. We have a Chancellor that was allowed to sign a AD to an extension and raise after signing the said extension. These are the kinds of problems that have taken UT from a hole and put them in an abyss. This has all happened under Randy Boyd's watch. While this football program is burning to the ground because of indecisiveness and a lack of leadership, this is the same president that lacks the fortitude to step in and take control of this situation. He can't hide behind the "inherited mess" excuse any more than Pruitt can at this point.
This is a valid point, however you don't upset the apple cart this soon into your tenure. We may have lost to Ga St and BYU, both embarrassing, but we also went 5-3 in the SEC (which has not happened but what three times in the past 15 years maybe) and showed remarkable improvement over the course of last year. He allowed the AD to run his department instead of micro-managing and the extension at the time was not the best decision, but it also was not a bad decision. Now this year is obviously a different story with the trajectory, but hindsight 20/20 and firing now after only 3 years (without cause) sends a clear message and most coaches are not going to want to come here with a toxic environment like that. There is no problem in showing some tact and handling this the right way and behind closed doors. Make a move when we for sure have a replacement and not before. We don't need another situation in public like the John Currie debacle. Mind you I am advocating for Boyd, not for retaining Pruitt. I do believe Pruitt will be, and probably should be, gone.

Also to be noted, if the rumors are true about how involved CPF is in "managing" the football program currently then that crap needs to stop. No big name coach is going to come here and deal with that.

Well, a good example is, he is working for no salary from 2018 to 2025 and the only thing he asked for was the University to pay for his health insurance at $10K per year. And committed his own money to help pay Barnes and his staff more to alleviate strain from the Athletic Department.

The mob mentality and passion of us Tennessee fans can be amazing and extremely terrible at the same time. We can't let our anger for one aspect of the University ruin everything else we have that is good just because people don't want to take the time to pull back the curtain and see what is really going on.

Wow. Must be nice to have money.
I would like to think that I'd be generous with something I love if I had money as well.
Kudos to Mr Boyd.

This is a valid point, however you don't upset the apple cart this soon into your tenure. We may have lost to Ga St and BYU, both embarrassing, but we also went 5-3 in the SEC (which has not happened but what three times in the past 15 years maybe) and showed remarkable improvement over the course of last year. He allowed the AD to run his department instead of micro-managing and the extension at the time was not the best decision, but it also was not a bad decision. Now this year is obviously a different story with the trajectory, but hindsight 20/20 and firing now after only 3 years (without cause) sends a clear message and most coaches are not going to want to come here with a toxic environment like that. There is no problem in showing some tact and handling this the right way and behind closed doors. Make a move when we for sure have a replacement and not before. We don't need another situation in public like the John Currie debacle. Mind you I am advocating for Boyd, not for retaining Pruitt. I do believe Pruitt will be, and probably should be, gone.

Also to be noted, if the rumors are true about how involved CPF is in "managing" the football program currently then that crap needs to stop. No big name coach is going to come here and deal with that.

Every single SEC team that we beat in 2019 went 3-5 or worse in conference play, and Mississippi State fired their HC after the season. A competent AD is able to look at the details of those wins, considering that Pruitt already had a 6-year contract, and would know not to extend him yet since he hadn't even coached his third season on the contract.

Reactions: RockyTop865
Makes sense for anyone that has aspirations of furtherinf their coaching career not to be associated with this dumpster fire

For all you fans talking about how poor these coaches are, watch them be very successful at their new schools.
If VOl Nation was a groom, we'd be checking out the maid (or Matron) of honor during the ceremony......we'll never be happy with our coach, and most of the potential candidates know it.

If VOl Nation was a groom, we'd be checking out the maid (or Matron) of honor during the ceremony......we'll never be happy with our coach, and most of the potential candidates know it.

So the fanbase is wrong to expect an upward trend in the program by the third season? Why is it that some of you believe that our HC should have zero expectations put upon him?

So the fanbase is wrong to expect an upward trend in the program by the third season? Why is it that some of you believe that our HC should have zero expectations put upon him?
We all have high expectations for success and accountability.
The problem is, there are many in VN that in the spring before CJP ever coached his first game were
1610396581716.jpeg
other coaches....... it's who we are and most of the candidates know it.......and we're not so different from other fan bases.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
We all have high expectations for success and accountability.
The problem is, there are many in VN that in the spring before CJP ever coached his first game were
View attachment 338307
other coaches....... it's who we are and most of the candidates know it.......and we're not so different from other fan bases.

So Pruitt being a questionable hire to being with, somehow made him a worse coach, and proved those questioning his hire to be validated? I don't follow you.

Every single SEC team that we beat in 2019 went 3-5 or worse in conference play, and Mississippi State fired their HC after the season. A competent AD is able to look at the details of those wins, considering that Pruitt already had a 6-year contract, and would know not to extend him yet since he hadn't even coached his third season on the contract.
Very rational argument, and you are correct that requires a competent AD. Which I do not believe we have, with regards to the position itself that is. Outing Fulmer though would not come without its drawbacks and consequences because of his history here...this is why you don't poop where you eat, dip your pen in the company ink, or get your honey where you get your money and all those other cliches. We flat out MUST have a CEO type in the AD position, and honestly I would prefer someone without any connection to Tennessee. Sometimes when you stare at the same thing over and over again you miss the stuff staring you in the face. Outside eyes could help with that.

VN Store

Back