Rumblings that Pruitt will stay if changes made in offensive side

will get a chance to stay for year 4 if he changes his offensive staff. Lets review

Year 1.....he puts his staff together with Tyson Helton as OC........they dont get along so he encourages him to hit the road.
Year 2 and 3.....brings Cheney in and most would say that Gitmo handcuffs the offense but they are a dumpster fire.
Year 4......insert whomever he convinces to come to this sinking ship and we will have a 4th year head coach installing a new offense once again with no quarterback?

Why is this a good idea?
It's the Tennessee way. Apparently, they are committed to mediocrity and I can't think of anybody currently in college football that does mediocrity better than Tennessee. 2 years ago, I would have said Arkansas but...

I think Pruitt has to rethink his entire coaching philosophy in order to fix the problems that he has, and I don't see him as being capable of doing so without being fired to drive home the fact that he needs to change his coaching philosophy.

Pruitt is showing that he is capable of being successful if someone hands him the keys to a fully loaded team that is already well disciplined and has players on the team that know what winning looks like and can be leaders to the incoming players. He does not have that at UT and it's showing that he doesnt know how to build it from scratch.

Now I can stop here and say the obvious thing which is I could have told you this when they hire him when he wasn't on any other team's radar as a possible head coach and was like our 17th choice as head coach, but I wont point that out ;-)

They just need to hire Freeze. This shuffling around and band-aid to sucking chests wounds never work.

Prepare to lose to south carolina every year if they get freeze. We will literally become equal to vandy if we keep pruitt and let freeze go to south carolina. Freeze will dominate pruitt in his first year with a worse roster. Then freeze will turn south carolina into an sec east contender. Facts.
I would love to be Vandy's equal at this point.

Its a good idea because that means Pruitt is for sure fired next year and we can start coaching search threads full of fake insider info.
Really the only entertainment we've gotten from Tennessee football the last 2 decades is the coaching searches.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Oh look...its GroundHog Day again...:rolleyes::rolleyes:. LOL! Some of these comments are, shall I say to be nice, WAY OVER THE TOP! Let's remember....we are talking about college football and not nuclear secrets that China has stolen from us over the last 30 years. JMO of course!

Reactions: joevol33
will get a chance to stay for year 4 if he changes his offensive staff. Lets review

Year 1.....he puts his staff together with Tyson Helton as OC........they dont get along so he encourages him to hit the road.
Year 2 and 3.....brings Cheney in and most would say that Gitmo handcuffs the offense but they are a dumpster fire.
Year 4......insert whomever he convinces to come to this sinking ship and we will have a 4th year head coach installing a new offense once again with no quarterback?

Why is this a good idea?
It’s not

He started as a redshirt freshman way before he was ready to because Butch Jones threw him out there to the wolves because UT didnt have a better QB and UT football was falling apart and the fans were demanding a change at QB, just like people want to do to HB now.

UT had Dormady pegged as the starting QB in 2017 and kept him until UT began their big losing skid and the fans demanded a change in QB, so they put Geronimo in there and continued to fail because JG wasn't ready. Does any of this sound familiar? I think I've seen this story somewhere since then LOL
So do you think Maurer is ready? Because that would be exact same situation as JG

Chaney, Weinke, and Friend all need to go and had no business here in the first place. Pruitt's only hope is to hire an OC that has put a top 5 offense on the field in the last 3 years and turn the offense over to him completely.

Chaney, Weinke, and Friend all need to go and had no business here in the first place. Pruitt's only hope is to hire an OC that has put a top 5 offense on the field in the last 3 years and turn the offense over to him completely.

Pruitt isn't getting that guy to come work for him.

The timing could possibly work out perfect for Gruden. Maybe that was the plan all along...soon!!

Hearing from sources that Gruden has second thoughts about not going to TN;
players demand he stop wearing Vols gear, feeding them grits & country ham, and saying "yall"
staff tired of him playing Rocky Top all day
fans demand he get rid of that awful ugly orange Mercedes
kids hate it there, weather too warm, rather be in Knoxville, prefer colder and more icy weather
wife has separate BR and will not sleep with him till he moves to Knoxville
pet dog damn tired being called "ole smokey" and other dogs in neighborhood laughing at him

Hearing from sources he will take huge pay cut to get TN job.
Hearing from sources he will take less salary and give it to Freeze to be his OC, and be coach in waiting.
So, the timing could not be better!!!

Reactions: treecejc
In that 'dream scenario', how does that address the lack of player development, and in some cases full on regression that we've seen under Pruitt? How does it fix the insane coaching turnover?

My idea of a dream scenario involves a head coach on the sidelines that other SEC schools would want coaching their teams. Unlike Dooley, Butch, or Pruitt.

When's the last time we had a head coach who other SEC school fan bases would be ok with leading their program? Maybe Kiffin? If not it's Fulmer, correct? And even that would be more like late 90s Fulmer, not 00s Fulmer.

There are some similarities imo to the Pruitt and Cheney arrangement and Fulmer/Clawson aka clawfense

I'll take IU Coach, Tom Allen. Has SE ties. Had Pruitt beat.
Would take Allen too - but would this fanbase give him the time he would need to build it his way.
It's been a 4 year build at IU to get his defense where it's at and the offensive scheme is a hold over from the Kevin Wilson scheme.

As far as SE ties - the guy recruits Florida like no one else for some reason. Just about that entire defense is made up of Florida kids.

Hearing from sources that Gruden has second thoughts about not going to TN;
players demand he stop wearing Vols gear, feeding them grits & country ham, and saying "yall"
staff tired of him playing Rocky Top all day
fans demand he get rid of that awful ugly orange Mercedes
kids hate it there, weather too warm, rather be in Knoxville, prefer colder and more icy weather
wife has separate BR and will not sleep with him till he moves to Knoxville
pet dog damn tired being called "ole smokey" and other dogs in neighborhood laughing at him

Hearing from sources he will take huge pay cut to get TN job.
Hearing from sources he will take less salary and give it to Freeze to be his OC, and be coach in waiting.
So, the timing could not be better!!!

It all makes sense...why would he live in Las Vegas when he can be in Knoxville?

VN Store

Back