Rules Change

BACKDOC

Does the recent rule change of lineing the kickoff back another 5 yards hurt or help the Vols. The NCAA has changed the kicking game a lot over the years for some reason; to be more like the pro game I guess. They removed the block that Fuad used to kick an SEC record 60 yarder, and 18 in a row. Then they narrowed the goal post.

I'll have to admit I love the rules changed which includes advancing fumbles, and OT. I feel OT should start at say the 35 yard line rather than in FG range.

What rule would like to see changed.

Does the recent rule change of lineing the kickoff back another 5 yards hurt or help the Vols. The NCAA has changed the kicking game a lot over the years for some reason; to be more like the pro game I guess. They removed the block that Fuad used to kick an SEC record 60 yarder, and 18 in a row. Then they narrowed the goal post.

I'll have to admit I love the rules changed which includes advancing fumbles, and OT. I feel OT should start at say the 35 yard line rather than in FG range.

What rule would like to see changed.

This hurts the Vols bad. Our special teams suck at returning kicks, kickoff coverage, and punt coverage.

This hurts the Vols bad. Our special teams suck at returning kicks, kickoff coverage, and punt coverage.

Agree. I'd love to see the kickoff spot moved back to the 35. Nothing makes me feel at ease during a Vols kickoff, except to see the ref waving his arm for a touchback on an unreturnable kick.

Heck, I'm happy to see them flag us for kicking it out of bounds! I'd much rather start defending at the 35 than let the likes of Mikey Henderson or Darren McFadden touch the ball.

I heard one reason they changed it is to shorten the game. As far as the impact on our team, I think our special team is kind of shaky, what about hire a specific team coach?

Agree. I'd love to see the kickoff spot moved back to the 35. Nothing makes me feel at ease during a Vols kickoff, except to see the ref waving his arm for a touchback on an unreturnable kick.

Heck, I'm happy to see them flag us for kicking it out of bounds! I'd much rather start defending at the 35 than let the likes of Mikey Henderson or Darren McFadden touch the ball.

In the NFL, kicking the ball out of bounds gives the other team the ball at the 40. Does anybody know if it will now be the 40 in college football, since we moved kickoffs back 5 yards?

keep in mind that last year the NCAA shortened the height of the kicking tee, decreasing it an inch

VN Store

Back