Rubik Cube Games

Here's the latest one for me, just for you Volfaninfl2
Close as I can get to real time as a could.

Way to go!!!

I tried for hours today. Found written instructions with pics and algorithm explanations and examples, which seemed good, and then worked with a video that says “SO EASY,” which is real good, but still getting stuck around step 3, and when I lose my place, start over again. Will let you know if I ever get it. 😀

Way to go!!!

I tried for hours today. Found written instructions with pics and algorithm explanations and examples, which seemed good, and then worked with a video that says “SO EASY,” which is real good, but still getting stuck around step 3, and when I lose my place, start over again. Will let you know if I ever get it. 😀
It's been a long time, but I remember that I had a lotta blinding following the instructions, you'll get it, You have to pick of style learning, one day it will click. Then you can work speed next. aphasia kicking in, terrible explanation. 🤦‍♂️

Oh there's a lot on youtube, combine styles, JPerm video ok, until the last step, never did do that.
You keep saying step 3, what do you consider be step 3?

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfaninfl2
It's been a long time, but I remember that I had a lotta blinding following the instructions, you'll get it, You have to pick of style learning, one day it will click. Then you can work speed next. aphasia kicking in, terrible explanation. 🤦‍♂️

Oh there's a lot on youtube, combine styles, JPerm video ok, until the last step, never did do that.
You keep saying step 3, what do you consider be step 3?
Well, in the SO EASY video, it’s when the dog runs away from the farmer. 😁

Way to go!!!

Cubastic this one?

Will check above out, too. After you click on above and pause, a list comes up.

The copy and paste didn’t work. He’s in your list above. He’s good, I just need more time.

It’s a young guy with glasses with a trim mustache and slight beard, and he talks about teaching his 8 year old son, on YouTube.

Last edited:
Will check above out, too. After you click on above and pause, a list comes up.

The copy and paste didn’t work. He’s in your list above. He’s good, I just need more time.

It’s a young guy with glasses with a trim mustache and slight beard, and he talks about teaching his 8 year old son, on YouTube.
I suspect you talking about CubeHead. Accent, he's Belgian. Maybe?
CubeHead.PNG

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I suspect you talking about CubeHead. Accent, he's Belgian. Maybe?
View attachment 572161
No, I took a pic of your post. If you start to watch the video, but then hit pause, that list comes up, and he’s the one I described. I don’t know his name, but I think he’s good.

Attachments

• IMG_0313.jpeg
    IMG_0313.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
This guy, never heard of this guy. I browsed a couple videos, no problem, seems fine. Youtube is such a sprawling outfit. You go to yt and you'll find what you looking for, down the rabbit hole we go.

This guy, never heard of this guy. I browsed a couple videos, no problem, seems fine. Youtube is such a sprawling outfit. You go to yt and you'll find what you looking for, down the rabbit hole we go.

Yes, that’s the guy. JPerm didn’t help me, because in the beginning he would say make the cube look like this, but he wouldn’t tell me how. The guy above tells you how, and with things you remember, except step 3 is still a little confusing for me. If you watch his video, you might find him entertaining.
I’m glad you posted him, now I can go here, instead of looking for him. 🙂

Last edited:
YouTube related news: NFL North and South,
if it's alright with you Chuck?
A catchall sort of 🤷‍♂️, off topic and all that jazz

Reactions: chuckiepoo
In other geek news, we'll have to check it out. No idea, it was in the making.

Way to go!!!

As was already mentioned, the first, and most important, step is finding a website or YouTube video that explains all the nomenclature in a way that clicks with your mind. Not everything out there will.

There’s obviously thousands of ways to solve it, but I only know how to do the most basic one. Start with the center cross on the top level, then do top level corners, then the middle edges, then solve the bottom which takes a couple steps. Probably takes me about a minute from start to finish. Less if I hit one of the permutations where the last level happens to almost be finished when I get to it.

When I learned, I just learned one step at a time over and over and over until I couldn’t do that one wrong, then eventually add the next step. Never bothered trying to solve the entire thing until I had all the other steps down to a science.

One other tip…go online and buy a good third party cube. The standard issue Rubik’s brand one is stiff as a board and a nightmare to work with.

Reactions: imw8n4u
My middle son learned how to solve them when he was like 8 or 9. As I remember, he learned to look at the patterns and use a sequential series of moves that he just had to commit to memory to move the colors around.

As was already mentioned, the first, and most important, step is finding a website or YouTube video that explains all the nomenclature in a way that clicks with your mind. Not everything out there will.

There’s obviously thousands of ways to solve it, but I only know how to do the most basic one. Start with the center cross on the top level, then do top level corners, then the middle edges, then solve the bottom which takes a couple steps. Probably takes me about a minute from start to finish. Less if I hit one of the permutations where the last level happens to almost be finished when I get to it.

When I learned, I just learned one step at a time over and over and over until I couldn’t do that one wrong, then eventually add the next step. Never bothered trying to solve the entire thing until I had all the other steps down to a science.

One other tip…go online and buy a good third party cube. The standard issue Rubik’s brand one is stiff as a board and a nightmare to work with.
Thanks for the advice. I started at the top and bought the magnetic Rubik’s Cube. 🙂

VN Store

Back