Roy Wliams retiring at UNC

Wonder if Boehiem is close to hanging it up too now that his son’s done. Maybe coach another year and out his son on staff to get him going?

Reactions: BigDave
They might just promote Hubert Davis
Wouldnt be surprised. His coaching tree isn’t very impressive. Mark Turgeon is a good coach but hasn’t really wow’d. Kind of similar to his former assistant Tad Boyle. Both have done well at times but not really elite. But if you’re going to stay within the family, seems like taking a chance on someone who is an alum, a good recruiter, and can provide continuity would be a reasonable choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Wes Miller would be such a bad hire when someone like Oats would listen.
Yeah... his name got thrown around for the NC State search a few years back and I even thought they could do better. If I were them I would hire Oats in a second. Of course he did just sign that extension. Smh

Yeah... his name got thrown around for the NC State search a few years back and I even thought they could do better. If I were them I would hire Oats in a second. Of course he did just sign that extension. Smh
Some of our fans on this site were pining for him as a potential Barnes replacement....just gross.

VN Store

Back