Roy Williams and the Jayhawk patch

Williams' own team is back in North Carolina, trying to get over the emotional let down from losing to Kansas on Saturday...meanwhile, Williams is in San Antonio celebrating Kansas' national championship. It's strange.

As a Tennessee fan, I couldn't really care any less...but, if I were a UNC fan, I'd wonder what the hell he was doing. It's like going out with your lady, and she tells you to sit at the table and drink your beer while she goes out onto the floor and dances with her ex-boyfriend. Sure, she's going home with you at the end of the night, but it's got to get under your skin a little.

i see no problem with it at all. Roy has never hid his feelings for KU and how much he loves that program. He made his decision to go home to his alma mater and coach there. They lost. But they're college men. Is he supposed to hold a wake to honor the season UNC just had and hold all his players' hands? No. You think K or Robert Montgomery wouldn't be excited to see Army do something big in the NCAA Tourney? It's not like KU was just a stepping stone for bigger and better things, it made Roy who he is.

And I say all that defending Roy as a man who wishes Roy Williams never wins another game in his life.

Roy was a Kansas man for 15 years. He obviously wanted his own team to beat them, but since they didn't he wanted his old team to win. Nothing wrong with that.

It doesn't bother me but I'm sure the players and fans might have raised an eyebrow.

jayhawkridegy3.jpg

I don't see much wrong with it. You don't start hating a team that has been such a large part of your life just because you start coaching another. He was already there, so he may as well stay around and support them.

I read an article Monday morning prior to the National Championship Game that said that one of Roy Williams' kids had flown in to San Antonio from Europe (where he lives) to see the Final 4 and spend time with his father. That is why Roy Williams stayed in San Antonio - to spend time with his son. He said that otherwise, he would have preferred to have flown back to Chapel Hill with the team.

Nevertheless, I don't see anything wrong with him supporting Kansas, and most Carolina fans like the Kansas program. There are many connections between the two programs.

I just hope all the Jayhawk fans were sure to remind Crying Roy that the guy he replaced and his successor have now delivered what he never did.

HAHA, no you are wrong. Hole fans nearly messed their pants when it happened. Obviously you were not on CarolinaBlue when it happened.
yep. for two days now this is all that has been talked about on sports radio in charlotte.

in fact, it has it's own tag line now......"Sticker Shock".

unbelievable and absolutely ridiculous that this has grown legs like this.:no:

VN Store

Back