Round #1 High School Football Playoff Schedule

Elizabethton will play with Greeneville Sullivan south, east, central, grainier in that region next year. And as far as Greeneville in 4a this year, don't overlook a team up the road in Knox catholic. They are very good!!!

Knox Catholic is always good. However, they just don't have the team in my opinion that Greeneville has this year. Greeneville has a team like the year they won the state title & was never threatened.

I still can't remember if that team was in 2010 or a year or two before. They won 2 state titles in 3 years but that one team they had nobody even threatened them & this is the same type of team.

They have a great offense & defense. Their QB is slick as can be. He's like tackling somebody with butter on them or something. So hard to bring down but he's not very big.

Catholic will probably be the team that gives them the best game but I don't see them beating Greeneville at all. I'd say 21+ points but that would be way closer than anybody has played them this season.

I thought halftime was 15 minutes. Seems like the 4th quarter went by quick! I know that once a team is up by 35 the clock continues to run.

The TSSAA mandates that halftime in the playoffs in 20 minutes. In the regular season I think its up to the host school, in middle Tennessee its always been 20 minutes or until both bands have finished their performance.

To say Greeneville is the Favorite, over Knox Catholic.... C'Mon

I have Knox Catholic and Greeneville as the co-favorites, just a little ahead of Marshall County and Pearl-Cohn.

To say Greeneville is the Favorite, over Knox Catholic.... C'Mon

Of course Greeneville is the favorite over Knox Catholic. Have you not seen what Greeneville has done to every single team they've played? 5 straight games of 70+ points plus a game earlier this season scoring 63 points. Closest game was their 2nd game winning by 13-7 against Morr. West. The rest have been blowouts.

I know Catholic is good too & have played good competition as well. Probably played a little better competition than Greeneville but the Greene Devils are deep & tough at all positions. I don't know how old you are but you remember back about 6 years ago in 2010 when they ran roughshed thru everybody including the state title game?

That's the type of team that they have. I think they have an even better defense than that team. Probably not a better offense but definitely a better defense.

I've only seen them play once this year. The game against Volunteer & to my surprise it ended up being only 45-0. That's a game they should have scored another 70+ points. Thanks!

VN Store

Back