Roster Changes

Thunder Good-Oil

A little early to dig deep into who might leave, but I heard a couple of things from the talking heads in the media.

I didn't notice, but was DJ Burns dressed out and on the bench during the SECT?

Many on here and Mark
Griffin think that Zach Kent will be gone. I've wondered if sitting him out has been to get a 2-year medical hardship. Maybe it's also so that he could play immediately next year if he were to transfer... I really don't know that rule. If a player sits an entire year at their current school do they also have to sit out an entire year at a new school? And what we really don't know is if his injury is a chronic situation and it is preventing him from playing. If so, then a medical scholarship could be in play. He'd stay at UT with a scholarship that doesn't count against the 13 and give up BB.

Does Bone stick around? Does Grant stay?

Might Turner leave as a grad transfer? He came in with Kyle and Admiral, so he could potentially graduate and have options.

Jaken Johnson? Is he happy with limited minutes as a role player? He's used up his redshirt however.

Walker, Jr? Another unknown. He seems like he's very well liked. Will he take a big stride forward?

I'd be very surprised if Fulk were to leave. Like JJ, he's already used his RS/MHW year. He's been getting a fair amount of minutes as well.

I guess that's everybody other than Bowden. Hometown kid. Little risk of him moving on IMO.

I think Bone and Grant sticks around. Grant is kinda stuck between a rock and hard place. He is too short for forward in the NBA and dont have the ball skills to play guard. That is why I think he comes back and Bone he still has his moments and I think his stock rises with another year.
Turner has no reason to leave. JJ ,his minutes will increase but he has a lot of work to do regardless if he was to stay or leaves. The only 2 players Tn is going to lose for sure is Kyle and Schofield. This team can be as good as this years team. Burns will be on the floor next year. Bowden , has no reason to leave. Pons needs to bust his butt in the off season, he has to develop a shot and learn to drive with the ball under control. jmo

JJ's problem is the 3 signees. Each one if them could potentially take minutes from him. BUT... Barnes runs a complicated defense, and JJ has the benefit of having been learning it for about 3 years.

Heard Burns was not dressed for any SECT games. Does anybody know why? In my opinion it's time for CRB to correct his recruiting mistakes and get rid of some dead wood. Kent, JJ, Walker and maybe even Pons could easily be replaced with more talented players. Grant will be back as will Bone, unless they plan to play in Europe.

Reactions: CAVPUT
Zach Kent just baffles me. If he was definitely going to exit, why didn't he leave in late December like McGhee did? He could play in January 2020. I have a feeling that it's a medical issue and with the privacy laws these days it's just not being openly addressed. We could have certainly used him on the court a couple of times this year.

Heard Burns was not dressed for any SECT games. Does anybody know why? In my opinion it's time for CRB to correct his recruiting mistakes and get rid of some dead wood. Kent, JJ, Walker and maybe even Pons could easily be replaced with more talented players. Grant will be back as will Bone, unless they plan to play in Europe.

He wasn't today and I assume that's some kind of post reason Rule but was coming here to ask

A little early to dig deep into who might leave, but I heard a couple of things from the talking heads in the media.

I didn't notice, but was DJ Burns dressed out and on the bench during the SECT?

Many on here and Mark
Griffin think that Zach Kent will be gone. I've wondered if sitting him out has been to get a 2-year medical hardship. Maybe it's also so that he could play immediately next year if he were to transfer... I really don't know that rule. If a player sits an entire year at their current school do they also have to sit out an entire year at a new school? And what we really don't know is if his injury is a chronic situation and it is preventing him from playing. If so, then a medical scholarship could be in play. He'd stay at UT with a scholarship that doesn't count against the 13 and give up BB.

Does Bone stick around? Does Grant stay?

Might Turner leave as a grad transfer? He came in with Kyle and Admiral, so he could potentially graduate and have options.

Jaken Johnson? Is he happy with limited minutes as a role player? He's used up his redshirt however.

Walker, Jr? Another unknown. He seems like he's very well liked. Will he take a big stride forward?

I'd be very surprised if Fulk were to leave. Like JJ, he's already used his RS/MHW year. He's been getting a fair amount of minutes as well.

I guess that's everybody other than Bowden. Hometown kid. Little risk of him moving on IMO.

I live in Nashville and I know a guy who knows a guy who knows Bones father Apparently he is waying his options. Where he project if he declares for draft?

When you're facing programs that recruit kids who can come in and contribute as freshmen, it's hard not to think we're slipping behind programs like Auburn, LSU and Kentucky. Kent, Burns, Pons, JJ...all seem to be a work in progress. With so many who can't help you on your bench, how do you keep your starters fresh? I'm not saying we need to go 10 deep but right now, we have 6 that we can count on. Maybe you could argue Fulk, but when I see him on the floor against programs like UK, he just seems like he's in over his head. Just not the caliber of player we need to be recruiting. Hope I'm wrong, but while Barnes has certainly captured lightning in a bottle with our current batch of 3 star players, I don't think we can count on this going forward. Prove me wrong Rick.

Reactions: Volle and 1985Vols
Everybody is leaving a top 10 program. Complete roster make over.

Where is Donnie Fu-king Tyndall?

I’d expect all jrs back unless something crazy happens. Kent mostly likely gone. Pons, Fulky, Walker to return.

LOL Bone will play in the NBA. Just hope it's not next season.

Reactions: BigOrangeArsenal
I live in Nashville and I know a guy who knows a guy who knows Bones father Apparently he is waying his options. Where he project if he declares for draft?
Don't think he's a first rounder at this point. Must develop some consistency from beyond the arc.

Grant is first round in most mocks. He will not be coming back. It would be a terrible decision if he wants to play in the NBA. If he has a good tourney run he is and should be gone.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
LOL Bone will play in the NBA. Just hope it's not next season.
I think Bone has a shot at playing in the NBA, not sure he's ready at this point. Watch an NBA game and tell me Bone can play there right now?

Grant is first round in most mocks. He will not be coming back. It would be a terrible decision if he wants to play in the NBA. If he has a good tourney run he is and should be gone.
Grant may make a roster but won't make it long in the NBA . Long, Athletic teams give him fits, Every team in the NBA is long and Athletic. Again, only 6'5" , another player that must show he can knock down the 3. Otherwise, no position for him in the NBA

Grant may make a roster but won't make it long in the NBA . Long, Athletic teams give him fits, Every team in the NBA is long and Athletic. Again, only 6'5" , another player that must show he can knock down the 3. Otherwise, no position for him in the NBA
Small ball 4 and 3 in some situations. He shoots 84% from the line so he will be seen as someone who can become a good NBA three point shooter.

He can only hurt his stock coming back. He should go if seen as a first rounder after the tourney.

Small ball 4 and 3 in some situations. He shoots 84% from the line so he will be seen as someone who can become a good NBA three point shooter.

He can only hurt his stock coming back. He should go if seen as a first rounder after the tourney.
Disagree, if he comes back and shows he can knock down the 3 point shot, he might become a first rounder or even a lottery pick.

Disagree, if he comes back and shows he can knock down the 3 point shot, he might become a first rounder or even a lottery pick.
He is already a first rounder. That is the point. And he is hitting the three decent enough this year.

He could average 30 next year and still wouldn't be a lottery pick. Still the same height but now a year older.

He should and will go.

He is already a first rounder. That is the point. And he is hitting the three decent enough this year.

He could average 30 next year and still wouldn't be a lottery pick. Still the same height but now a year older.

He should and will go.

I think he returns for his Sr. Season unless this team gets to the Final 4 because he will have some unfinished business to take care of..

Both Bone and Grant will play in the NBA. Grant is almost a first round lock. Unless he wants to stay in school, he will leave. Most legit places have him going in the first round.

Bone could stay another year. He improved his shot and has NBA handles/passing/athletic ability. Guys improve their stock in the Tourney all the time (DiVincenzo exhibit A). With a great tourney Bone could sneak in the first.

Reactions: k-town_king

VN Store

Back