Rooting for SEC

The SEC Least is 0-2 to be exact. It doesn't make TN look good, but it's whatever makes people feel better.
If we get to play and beat Perdue, do those other SEC losses make us look worse? How so?

And actually, what does it even mean 'make us look good/bad'?

No no no... you got it all wrong... those 5 stars are kicking our door down because they know we lost every year for the last 10 years to FU, GA, and Bama, and they want some of that. You know... because those are great teams and losing to them makes us look really really good.

I imagine you worked real hard on that. I didn’t read it.

OK. SEC wins don't make us look better. OUR wins make us look better. Bama winning another natty doesn't UGA winning it doesn't make us look better. It makes THEM look better. Recruits aren't going to say... wow... Bama won another natty, I think I'll go to Tennessee.

But wait.... I hear it coming..... those recruits that might go to the Big 10 might say.... ugh.. instead of Ohio State, I'll go to Tennessee so I can play against Bama every year.... you know... since Bama didn't recruit me....

LOL
Not talking recruits. Talking ranking. Next year if we beat the Gators and they go undefeated the rest of the season that plays to selection committee and making playoffs. U cant tell me that the powers at be dont consider sos from last year when setting those rankings and the higher up that ladder in the beginning of the season makes the trip much easier to the playoffs. That's why its taken a group of 5 so long to make it the " quality" of their wins. I mean 13 Sec teams made bowls and you cant tell that doesn't help Bama and Gawga get ranked high in the beginning when the teams they beat go on to kick ass the rest of the season. It's the whole reason the SEC gets two of four to the championship. Yes we have to start beating Fl Bamer and Gawga for it to make a danm for us but our SEC brethren doing well can only help us in the long run.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Never understood pulling for rivals because of some misguided feeling of pride to cheer for a conference or region.

None of that is as important as the battle you're fighting. Those of us who have been around it and know all that it brings to your life know exactly what you're going through. Stay strong, hang tough, and don't ever lay down to it. You'll come out ahead. Best wishes.

Mizzou was without their best player by far. Florida has been hot garbage since early Oct.

The CFP committee didn’t penalize Alabama even thou they barely beat Florida. No one rates conferences anymore based on bowl results where many teams are playing without their top players. Welcome to the 21st Century.

GA game going to be a hard one for me. Dislike GA but going to be difficult to pull for Mich. As for the championship game, would rather see AL/Mich but would not break my heart to see AL curb stomp GA again.

Of course would love to see Cincy beat Bama but just don't see that happening.

Reactions: Jravol78
I grew up in Williamson County around the time that the Saturn plant came into neighboring Maury Co. so immediately there was a huge influx of obnoxious Michigan fans and even some OSU fans at the schools I attended . Peyton getting robbed of the Heisman further cemented my hatred of UM. I have thoroughly enjoyed the fact that up until this point Harbaugh had failed to get them to the playoffs and up until this season had failed to beat OSU. In a nutshell my hatred of Michigan would typically have had me pulling for any team other than Vandy .

Having said that I will be a huge Wolverines fan because I do not want “1980” to go away . If UM wins & Alabama wins I will root for the sinkhole.

I never pull for another SEC team in the bowls....unless they are playing an OOC team that I particularly hate (Ohio State, this is aimed at you). SEC teams winning provide my school no benefit at all. These are the teams we have to recruit against...anything that brings them positive press, or adds to a historical record they can point to, is detrimental to the program I support. I hope they all lose, and look bad doing it.

So far this year, I'm getting my wish.

Tonight is Exhibit B why I don't root for other SEC teams. When the Vols lose like we did today, I certainly don't want to see a rival win. If we were in some struggling irrelevant conference maybe I could understand conference pride and wanting respect. We aren't. The SEC is and will be the top of the food chain. I hope they all lose in excruciating fashion.

VN Store

Back