Rooting for SEC

I always root for bama and uga. To lose that is
Well I try, but once the game starts I end up pulling for the sec team. I’m so tired of the rest of the country ragging on the over rated sec. f*** ‘em. Can’t pull for Mich. or tosu. I’m was born and raised in Tennessee, which is in the sec. But I sure pull against Bama and Ga during the regular season. however other than LSU, I can’t really support another team, maybe ole Miss or Miss. st., or Ark.

I’m really torn on this discussion. I’ve always been a “Pull for your conference” guy, just as long as it benefits Tennessee, and in many ways it does. We always manage to, at the very worst, pull out a DECENT recruiting class, and I’m sure kids wanting to play in the best conference has something to do with that. This legacy has been built by us, and around us, and we don’t need to lose it. There’s also a “southern pride” aspect to it all.

That being said, Georgia and Alabama’s success has clearly been detrimental to us. It’s hard to advance ourselves when we are guaranteed 2 losses every year.

I don’t want Georgia to win the Natty, but I’m not exactly going to be rooting for a Big 10 team to beat them. I will for sure be rooting for the KY’s, Mizzou’s, SC’s, and probably every West team not named Bama to win their bowls. It’s good to have wins over teams that finished with a winning record.

I don’t know where I stand really. Bama isn’t going away anytime soon, so I guess best case scenario this year is that Bama stripes UGA in the Natty. Then the “UGA can’t finish” narrative grows even stronger which probably hurts their recruiting to some extent.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Volunteer thru and thru bleeding orange here and I want every other SEC team to lose always! I don't care about any of them and especially hate both Alabama and Florida.

Reactions: CSVol
Unfortunately Mizzou went down in flames to...Army. Tonight the Gators may get the second SEC loss to UCF. BTW the Gasparilla Bowl is sold out at Raymond James Stadium.

Well I try, but once the game starts I end up pulling for the sec team. I’m so tired of the rest of the country ragging on the over rated sec. f*** ‘em. Can’t pull for Mich. or tosu. I’m was born and raised in Tennessee, which is in the sec. But I sure pull against Bama and Ga during the regular season. however other than LSU, I can’t really support another team, maybe ole Miss or Miss. st., or Ark.

I feel you on the rest of the country thing. Of course, they only get a chance to rag on the SEC when they play Vanderbilt, or one of the other SEC teams when they are struggling. Like I said earlier, what the scoreboard says when the game is over (as long as the Vols aren't one of the teams on it) matters little to me. All I care about is any SEC team holding up their end on hard hits and being physical. Yeah, it should be physical no matter whoever the two teams are, but when one of them is from the SEC? I expect them to be more physical to hold up their end in repping the conference.

SEC wins are good for us . Makes our wins and our losses look better.

SEC wins are not good for us and it doesn't affect our season in any way. No recruit is gonna look at back at our season any differently based on what the rest of the SEC did and no one cares what CFB "analysts" think.

I hope every other SEC team loses and gets blown out by 20 points. It only stands to help us.

SEC wins are good for us . Makes our wins and our losses look better.
I understand full well how much it sucks to keep watching our enemies go to the dance every year, but I do think there is some merit from it that benefits us. For example, the imaginary girlfriend season that took Notre Dame to the playoffs saw them lose to Alabama by the same exact score that we lost to Bama. Calling us an also-ran that year would have been a compliment. But the great fighting Irish couldn’t do any better than we did. Maybe I’m just glass half full, but there should be a selling point there.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Might watch the final if I heard it's Michigan vs Cincy. Other than that I wouldn't watch a second of the play offs. Use to believe in SEC first, no more with these 2.

How... exactly, does it help the VOLS when our entire conference is found to be pathetic... including the teams that BLEW US OUT..??
Help us in what way..??

Exactly how does it help us? Those programs having success does help us in any way whatsoever. But those schools losing could absolutely help us. Maybe elite recruits look elsewhere rather than looking at those schools.

Reactions: GulfCoasterVol
Screw this bandit conference, screw Stankey! I wish we would bolt for the ACC. This sh**show of a conference is embarrassing to be a part of. UT is better than this.

VN Store

Back