Roman Harper predicts Tennessee's record..........

No way we beat UGA but lose to LSU. I still say 8-4 maybe even 7-5
Honestly I am more "optimistic" about a Bama win at home than an UGA win on the road. Both are likely losses.

LSU is just too much of an enigma to make a prediction though it is a tough place to play.

PS- Harper has some bias against UGA.

Some of ya'll are setting yourselves up to be let down. I think too many people believe player growth is linear and anyone coming back will magically be better. That's not how this works. Given how well our QB played last year, regression is more likely than progression statistically. He may play better (better reads, more accurate, etc), but the odds of it showing up in the stat line are very low (especially his TD/INT ratio).

Our pass protection will be a problem. Our defense will likely be a problem. 10 wins is possible, don't get me wrong. But I'm afraid some may be seeing that as the expected outcome instead of the exceptional outcome.

Some of ya'll are setting yourselves up to be let down. I think too many people believe player growth is linear and anyone coming back will magically be better. That's not how this works. Given how well our QB played last year, regression is more likely than progression statistically. He may play better (better reads, more accurate, etc), but the odds of it showing up in the stat line are very low (especially his TD/INT ratio).

Our pass protection will be a problem. Our defense will likely be a problem. 10 wins is possible, don't get me wrong. But I'm afraid some may be seeing that as the expected outcome instead of the exceptional outcome.
It’s no magic but heup has the culture built and is healthy and players know what the standard is and are completely bought in… how you would think regression is more likely when I guy gets all the first team reps and grows as a leader and not to mention has some of the best proven Qb coaching in the country is wild to me… this team will easily be better than last years team…

It’s no magic but heup has the culture built and is healthy and players know what the standard is and are completely bought in… how you would think regression is more likely when I guy gets all the first team reps and grows as a leader and not to mention has some of the best proven Qb coaching in the country is wild to me… this team will easily be better than last years team…

I was very clear in how regression would be likely when I stated statical regression. Meaning hookers td/int ratio will not be that amazing two years in a row.

I think this team is about even with last year. Offensive line may be slightly worse. Defensive interior is worse but edge is better. LBs and DBs are deeper, but corner play will likely be worse.

I think we will probably win 8, maybe 9 with a good bowl matchup. But we still have way more question marks than some are acting like

I wouldn’t. UGA replaces a lot more than Bama and Bama has a better QB.

Bama's gonna be really good this year. They return plenty of key players and picked up some nice pieces in the portal. The kid from GT will be a thousand-yard rusher and the two WRs that transferred in will probabbly be their top 2 receivers.

I was very clear in how regression would be likely when I stated statical regression. Meaning hookers td/int ratio will not be that amazing two years in a row.

I think this team is about even with last year. Offensive line may be slightly worse. Defensive interior is worse but edge is better. LBs and DBs are deeper, but corner play will likely be worse.

I think we will probably win 8, maybe 9 with a good bowl matchup. But we still have way more question marks than some are acting like

We have fewer question marks this year compared to last season. That may not equate to more wins but it never hurts.

👎🏻

Interior line play will be deeper and better as long as they are healthy RG top 3 DL coach in the nation Eason, Bailey, Simmons, Thomas, Terry, Bumphus real good athletic bodies… corner will again be deeper Turnage Hadden Charles Williams Burrel with alot of safety star bodies as well Flowers JM McDonald Slaughter turentine Walker… both units are bigger stronger and more athletic than last year and again I’m not worried bout the caliber of work they are putting in because the team is bought in… OL returning 4/5 starters but get worse? Only lost 1 player who got meaningful snaps but worse? Qb protection calls will be better heup said hooker is in complete command great Qb play elevates the ppl around him… his TD to int ratio will still be very good maybe not as great but he will have much more yards and TDs than last year… again we won 3 games 2 seasons ago so I’d be happy with 9 this year and I expect us to compete and give ourself a chance to win all 12.

How you figure that our oline will be worse?

Plus. . . there is the "sophomore slump" I'm hoping we avoid.

9 wins in year 2 would be an exceptional job! 7 wins should be considered avg. Anything over 7 wins is good improvement.

I think it’s crucial we come out of September 4-0.

A loss at Pitt would be demoralizing, but a win against Florida is essential for success this year and moving forward. Pitt lost Pickett to the NFL and their top WR to USC, so I feel really good about our chances there.

Losing at home to UF with a first-year head coach just bodes ill. If not now, then when will we have a better advantage over the Gators?

Go 4-0, get to the Bye week unscathed, and prepare for a battle in the Bayou.

Reactions: GoVols64

VN Store

Back