Roman Harper explains Tennessee on the rise, Vols to beat Alabama or Georgia

We better find some defense because both of those teams got better in the past 8 months.

We better find some defense because both of those teams got better in the past 8 months.
I'm not sure UGa got better this year from last.

Their defense in particular has to rebuild. They send 7 (SEVEN) of their 11 starters to the NFL in the spring. Which means everyone who played UGa in 2021 was more or less playing a freshman NFL defense.

I doubt they'll be nearly as good this year.

Will their offense be as good? Dunno. Better? Dunno. But I'm pretty sure their defense will not be as dominant as they were in 2021.

Go Vols!

I'm not sure UGa got better this year from last.

Their defense in particular has to rebuild. They send 7 (SEVEN) of their 11 starters to the NFL in the spring. Which means everyone who played UGa in 2021 was more or less playing a freshman NFL defense.

I doubt they'll be nearly as good this year.

Will their offense be as good? Dunno. Better? Dunno. But I'm pretty sure their defense will not be as dominant as they were in 2021.

Go Vols!
If you haven't looked at their recruiting the last couple of years they're like Alabama they're not rebuilding they are simply reloading. Their offense will be much better this year it wasn't as if they didn't have a bad offense last year which gets overlooked as they did score over 38 points per game. Tennessee was only slightly better than that. They have arguably the best tight end room ever. Their defense will not be as good as last year but it will still be a top 10 defense because that's what their coach does. I don't think it's going to matter much anyway because Alabama is loaded on both sides of the ball and they have tremendous depth. I predict Alabama going undefeated this year. They almost did it last year and that was a so-called rebuilding year according to their coach.

Sorry, but Blah Blah Blah. Any of us could write that rubbish but, only Coach Heupel and the team can write the real stories

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Sorry, but Blah Blah Blah. Any of us could write that rubbish but, only Coach Heupel and the team can write the real stories
A lot of folks get pissed off when someone insults our team.

You get mad when someone says something good about them.

I totally do not get the inner workings of your brain, Volador. Doesn't seem...right.

Go Vols!

A lot of folks get pissed off when someone insults our team.

You get mad when someone says something good about them.

I totally do not get the inner workings of your brain, Volador. Doesn't seem...right.

Go Vols!

OK, now THAT made me laugh!!! Diving inside my head says that we can all sit around and write fantabulous stories and make unmistakable predictions but, that is all they usually are. Well, at least for the last umpteen years it seems like. This is why any talk of heisman this and heisman that or 10+ Wins at this juncture is something that I think dilutes our focus. And as for "Our", I am referring to VN.

We (fortunately) had one semi-good season, and when I see some steadfast traction VFL 82, I might be able to read rosy predictions and dreams that others write about but, for the time being, inside my head is focused on our coaching staff and players figuring out how to Win on the field. Butch Jones for example, won "Off" the field but, not "On" the field. I am excited about this year like probably most every VNite however, it is tempered because we have walked down this primrose path just one dang time too many.

Keep the faith VFL 82.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

VN Store

Back