Roe vs Wade Overturned

Sorry, but I think you're confusing Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans.
I’m not. I’m knee deep in this every day. MDC will not cover certain medical products or procedures. The patients don’t even know how they are getting screwed.

That is why it makes my blood boil when I hear MDC for all.

Where did you come up with this idea? Medicare allows doctors to make decisions about treatment and doesn't require approval for anything. Medicare Advantage plans on the other hand are absolutely rationing healthcare because Medicare pays those insurance companies a set fee per enrolled person, so every dollar they don't pay out for healthcare is another dollar in their pocket.
You need to research reimbursements a bit more.

Instagram DELETES and Facebook RESTRICTS posts about Abortion Pills as parent company Meta appears to fall in line with SCOTUS ruling - but Google says it would Refuse to give cops Abortion Data

Meta’s Facebook and Instagram have been found to restrict some abortion-related content on their platforms.

The restrictions come just days after the Supreme Court ruled to overturn the landmark 1973 Roe v. Wade case, which now means states have the power ban abortions.

As first reported on by NBC, Instagram has deleted and limited at least two hashtags: ‘abortion pills’ and ‘mifepristone.’

Facebook is removing posts and even temporarily blocking users from their accounts for saying abortion pills can be mailed, according to Motherboard.

DailyMail.com conducted its own investigation into Facebook and posted ‘abortion pills can be mailed’ as a status.

In less than one minute, a notification appeared saying the post goes against the platform’s Community Standards on drugs.

DailyMail.com has contacted Meta for comment and has yet to receive a response.

Google, on the other hand, appears to be on the opposing team.

Google Chief Privacy Officer Keith Enright said in response to a question from CTech over the weekend that they company will not comply with law enforcement requests from states for abortion data, while Instagram has been found to restrict two hashtags and delete posts related to abortion services.

59596157-10958277-image-a-6_1656366621955.jpg

Instagram DELETES abortion service posts and Facebook RESTRICTS posts | Daily Mail Online

Post-Dobbs, The Abortion Battle Hits Activist State Courts

Abortion extremists have been working for years to ensure that if Roe and Casey were overturned, abortion-on-demand would remain the law of the land.

On Friday, the U.S. Supreme Court declared it was returning the authority to regulate or prohibit abortion “to the people and their elected representatives.” The abortion lobby, however, has no intention of leaving the legality of abortions to the American public. Instead, it will seek to create an abortion-on-demand regime via activist state judges. Countering this strategy must take priority, or Dobbs will be for naught.

In Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey and held there is no federal constitutional right to abortion. Contrary to the misperception of some, the reversal of Roe and Casey did not make abortion illegal. Rather, Dobbs removed stringent judicial oversight on abortion laws.

The abortion lobby and the extreme abortion left do not want “the people” to have a say, however, and have been working for years to ensure that if Roe and Casey were overturned, abortion-on-demand would remain the law of the land. To circumvent the democratic process, abortion apologists have been turning to activist state court judges for years.

Working to Lock Down State Courts

Give me an example, because I don't see this. Medicare is 10 times better than any private healthcare you can buy.
Rotator cuff surgery in an ASC. Zero implants are covered. Patients often get bargain bin implants that were brought to market 20 years ago. They get as little as they possibly can.

BCBS for example reimburses implants. These patients get the newest cutting edge technology. These products perform much better.

Now which patients do you think rehab better. Also which patients are at a higher risk for revision surgery?

Like I said if the patients only knew how the sausage was made they would be shocked.

Reactions: TRUEFANVol and tbh
Why wouldn’t he.
I know him personally
He’s owned every mistake and he’s grown out of them. He also doesn’t pretend they never happened. In fact he’s on record many times explaining how those mistakes shape who he is.
I know him too. He only owned up to it after he knew he couldn't deny it and get away with it. Even if what you say is true about reshaping himself, it still doesn't change what happened. A couple of the "holier than thous" in here claim they couldn't support anyone for being involved in an abortion. That was my point. I totally understand making mistakes and evolving as a result. My post wasn't intended to disparage DesJarlais.

Abortion extremists have been working for years to ensure that if Roe and Casey were overturned, abortion-on-demand would remain the law of the land.

On Friday, the U.S. Supreme Court declared it was returning the authority to regulate or prohibit abortion “to the people and their elected representatives.” The abortion lobby, however, has no intention of leaving the legality of abortions to the American public. Instead, it will seek to create an abortion-on-demand regime via activist state judges. Countering this strategy must take priority, or Dobbs will be for naught.

In Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey and held there is no federal constitutional right to abortion. Contrary to the misperception of some, the reversal of Roe and Casey did not make abortion illegal. Rather, Dobbs removed stringent judicial oversight on abortion laws.

The abortion lobby and the extreme abortion left do not want “the people” to have a say, however, and have been working for years to ensure that if Roe and Casey were overturned, abortion-on-demand would remain the law of the land. To circumvent the democratic process, abortion apologists have been turning to activist state court judges for years.

Working to Lock Down State Courts

Tennessee has already taken care of business

First, the right-to-life movement should work to tee up constitutional amendments that clarify there is no state constitutional right to abortion. Four states currently have constitutional amendments expressly providing that the state constitutions do not include a right to abortion, with Tennessee passing the first amendment in 2014. Alabama and West Virginia followed in 2018, and Louisiana voters approved a similar amendment in 2020.

A couple of the "holier than thous" in here claim they couldn't support anyone for being involved in an abortion. That was my point. I totally understand making mistakes and evolving as a result. My post wasn't intended to disparage DesJarlais.

Edited down to what I’m responding too

Fair enough.

A few thoughts:

1) Roe vs Wade was a bad legal ruling. Even though I did not philosophically align with RBG, I respected her intellectual honesty on Roe's shortcomings. That is rare on either side nowadays.

2) In general, if there isn't a constitutional right involved, Federalism is the way to go. It is sad to see so many upset that this decision gets closer to them (i.e. shifting down from the federal level to the state level). With Federalism, you have the opportunity to have 50 different solutions to a problem. It is a great way to separate the wheat from the chaff.

3) America is a bumper sticker country. As a whole, we are incapable of nuance. It is possible to believe it was the correct ruling and that the country will probably, within the confines of the actual issue, be worst off for it.

4) For those more rabid than I in the pro-choice camp, it was a strategic mistake to not pursue the promise of abortion being "safe, legal, and rare". If that had been the case, despite this being the correct ruling, the political will would have never existed to push the issue.

5) If you want to see how dishonest the media is, just watch how they frame the decision. Very little on the substance of the cases involved and heavy on sensationalism. This applies to both media echo chambers.

6) Regardless of political affiliation, if you don't find the humor in the hypocrisy of both sides when it comes to mask/vaccine mandates vs abortion with respect to body autonomy, you are part of the problem.

A few thoughts:

1) Roe vs Wade was a bad legal ruling. Even though I did not philosophically align with RBG, I respected her intellectual honesty on Roe's shortcomings. That is rare on either side nowadays.

2) In general, if there isn't a constitutional right involved, Federalism is the way to go. It is sad to see so many upset that this decision gets closer to them (i.e. shifting down from the federal level to the state level). With Federalism, you have the opportunity to have 50 different solutions to a problem. It is a great way to separate the wheat from the chaff.

3) America is a bumper sticker country. As a whole, we are incapable of nuance. It is possible to believe it was the correct ruling and that the country will probably, within the confines of the actual issue, be worst off for it.

4) For those more rabid than I in the pro-choice camp, it was a strategic mistake to not pursue the promise of abortion being "safe, legal, and rare". If that had been the case, despite this being the correct ruling, the political will would have never existed to push the issue.

5) If you want to see how dishonest the media is, just watch how they frame the decision. Very little on the substance of the cases involved and heavy on sensationalism. This applies to both media echo chambers.

6) Regardless of political affiliation, if you don't find the humor in the hypocrisy of both sides when it comes to mask/vaccine mandates vs abortion with respect to body autonomy, you are part of the problem.
Good post

VN Store

Back