Roe vs Wade Overturned

Can you provide a post or link where another poater is forcing you to believe in their religion? You are free to believe whatever you want, no matter how stupid it may be.
Or maybe in one of the plethora of other religions where murder is acceptable?

I find it strange that people continue to assert that being pro-life somehow implies a religious belief. There are plenty of people who simply find it immoral to dismember a baby, tear it into pieces, and suck him or her out of its mother.

I find it strange that people continue to assert that being pro-life somehow implies a religious belief. There are plenty of people who simply find it immoral to dismember a baby, tear it into pieces, and suck him or her out of its mother.

Not religious at all. Don't like baby dismemberment.

Wait, his proof is that in TX the number of recorded abortions decreased after a law change? I don't know if he's smart enough to understand this, but that number is meaningless to the conversation because it doesn't count travel abortions or abortions that are illegally performed. You only have to have the most basic understanding of the "myth" he cites to know this is why the laws aren't as effective as proponents think they are.

Last edited:
Maybe @Gandalf can weigh in on where he will allow us to draw the line between biological life and personhood prior to birth, since neither can survive without total and complete care.

Eggcelent question! But such things are not for me to "allow" but rather for each state's democratically elected legislature to "decide". For the rule of no realm is mine... but all worthy things that are in peril as the world now stands, those are my care.

Yet if my counsel was requested, I should say that many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death. And if we see that Eru should choose to breathe into "mere" biological life such that it becomes its own person, who then are you and I to stop it? Do you comfort yourself that no butterfly was yet harmed when you crush a caterpillar in its cocoon between your fingers?

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Wait, his proof is that in TX the number of recorded abortions decreased after a law change? I don't know if he's smart enough to understand this, but that number is meaningless to the conversation because it doesn't count travel abortions or abortions that are illegally performed. You only have to have the most basic understanding of the "myth" he cites to know this is why the laws aren't as effective as proponents think they are.
First, you ignored 9 of 10. Nice.

Second, you have no counter proof. Abortions went down. Maybe not completely 60%, but they decreased. Not everyone is traveling or murdering their child illegally (look at that, illegal murder. That used to be common sense 🤷‍♂️)

Third, that was one example, wasn’t intended to be exhaustive.

Absolutely, I know a Libertarian who believes abortion to be murder and would fight you if you claimed her to be Christian.

Absolutely, I know a Libertarian who believes abortion to be murder and would fight you if you claimed her to be Christian.
I mean, if you’re in here and you support a baby’s brain being sucked out, their skull crushed, and their arms and legs removed so that they’re then vacuumed out of their mother, please reveal yourself. Talk about red flags

“Suction Curettage: between 6 to 14 weeks after LMP
This is the most common surgical abortion procedure. Because the baby is larger, the doctor must first stretch open the cervix using metal rods. Opening the cervix may be painful, so local or general anesthesia is typically needed. After the cervix is stretched open, the doctor inserts a hard plastic tube into the uterus, then connects this tube to a suction machine. The suction pulls the fetus’ body apart and out of the uterus. The doctor may also use a loop-shaped knife called a curette to scrape the fetus and fetal parts out of the uterus. (The doctor may refer to the fetus and fetal parts as the “products of conception.”).

Dilation and Evacuation (D&E): between 13 to 24 weeks after LMP
This surgical abortion is done during the second trimester of pregnancy. At this point in pregnancy, the fetus is too large to be broken up by suction alone and will not pass through the suction tubing. In this procedure, the cervix must be opened wider than in a first trimester abortion. This is done by inserting numerous thin rods made of seaweed a day or two before the abortion. Once the cervix is stretched open the doctor pulls out the fetal parts with forceps. The fetus’ skull is crushed to ease removal. A sharp tool (called a curette) is also used to scrape out the contents of the uterus, removing any remaining tissue.

Dilation and Extraction (D&X) (partial-birth abortion): from 20 weeks after LMP to full-term
This procedure takes three days. During the first two days, the cervix is stretched open using thin rods made of seaweed, and medication is given for pain. On the third day, the abortion doctor uses ultrasound to locate the legs of the fetus. Grasping a leg with forceps, the doctor delivers the fetus up to the head. Next, scissors are inserted into the base of the skull to create an opening. A suction catheter is placed into the opening to remove the brain. The skull collapses and the fetus is removed.”

Read this. If you support this you support the butchering and dismembering of babies. There are no other options or other viable opinions. Face it. Admit it. And stop it.

Praise God Roe was overturned. Praise God many states have abortion as illegal right now. And hopefully the rest follow.

I mean, that is monstrous.

This dude makes some obvious and good points but he's actually completely ignorant on a few points. Why is it inappropriate for the DOJ to disagree with SCOTUS? They can't have opinions? How is speaking on it breaking the constitution? It's not. It's actually part of the separation of powers mechanism. Garland is not dictating what the law is, he's saying they're going to do what's in their power to ensure reproductive rights.

And the executive branch doesn't actually have to enforce every law. That's part of the separation of powers mechanism. It's up to their discretion. Every POTUS who has ever existed decides to what degree his DOJ is going to enforce each law. 0 enforcement is on the table. You can say you disagree with this, but we are dealing with seemingly unlimited laws and limited resources, so of course they not only make these choices, they have to make these choices. An admin can decide we're not going to enforce marijuana prohibition and focus resources elsewhere, and they would not be breaking the constitution.

So SCOTUS released blue states from the viability prohibitions established by Roe/Casey? And pro-life folks are celebrating? Is that right?

The data on this is going to be really interesting in 10 years.

First, you ignored 9 of 10. Nice.

Second, you have no counter proof. Abortions went down. Maybe not completely 60%, but they decreased. Not everyone is traveling or murdering their child illegally (look at that, illegal murder. That used to be common sense 🤷‍♂️)

Third, that was one example, wasn’t intended to be exhaustive.

Why do I have to address everything he said? How about I just call him out for the area where I can see he's either A) totally FOS, or B) really dumb?

I didn't say I have proof, but I don't have to have proof because I'm not the one saying it's a myth.

Why do I have to address everything he said? How about I just call him out for the area where I can see he's either A) totally FOS, or B) really dumb?

I didn't say I have proof, but I don't have to have proof because I'm not the one saying it's a myth.
You didn’t demonstrate either one. You made an assertion.

Pretend this is about gun prohibition and somebody cites a dip in recorded gun sales as proof that gun prohibition works.

Now flip flop.
Again, as I said, it probably didn’t decrease 60%, but it no doubt decreased some which is his overall point. Not to mention the several other points made in his thread, all of which are accurate.

And again, screech all you want, the right to bear arms is a constitutional right. Murder is not.

Again, as I said, it probably didn’t decrease 60%, but it no doubt decreased some which is his overall point.

I actually covered this before you got to it when I said "...know this is why the laws aren't as effective as proponents think they are." The problem is that he is deceiving people. Responsible people arguing for abortion might say "research strongly indicates that abortion laws aren't as effective as intended and even suggest they may not be effective at all."

He's attributing a stronger position to his opponents and saying it's a myth that abortion laws aren't effective. He has provided no proof that they are effective. He has provided proof that documented numbers of abortions decreased. You can't claim the opposition is embracing a myth and then provide evidence that does absolutely nothing to prove it is a myth, unless you are just trying to deceive dumb people or are dumb yourself.

Not to mention the several other points made in his thread, all of which are accurate.

Yeah, just one huge blunder hidden in an otherwise perfect book of scripture, I'm sure.

And again, screech all you want, the right to bear arms is a constitutional right. Murder is not.

What am I screeching about, exactly? I have refuted his terrible point. That is all I have done.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back