Roe vs Wade Overturned

In essence, the crux of @OHvol40's argument is that as long as something interferes with the "self determination" of (very specifically) a woman, it is justifiable to kill it. Since that's the base of the argument, @OHvol40 claiming he is against abortions past a certain point is hypocrisy (shocker) as it's fairly obvious that any child even past birth interferes with a woman's "self determination".

Extending that logic, anything at all that interferes with a woman's right to do whatever she wants is fair game to meet with violence up to and including murder. If I block in a woman's vehicle in the parking garage, I have denied her "self determination" and should be killed. If I don't allow my wife to kill me, I have interfered with her "self determination" and should be killed. Note that @OHvol40 never said there are limits to a woman's right to self determination, at least before I started typing this.

States are not meant to have uniformity. The left expecting all 50 states to have uniformity is stupid and goes against the history of this country. But politicians using an issue to divide the country, much as the left is currently doing, is par for the course. It's how both sides maintain their power.
I’m not saying uniformity in every case is necessary or even desirable, but I’m telling you right now that the way our insurances work, multi-state licensures, interstate healthcare providers… it’s creating a completely unnecessary nightmare.

But I got five bucks saying you don't want them to correctly interpret "well regulated militia."
Sure I do. I'd much prefer a very significant reduction in the active military and a larger increase in localized, national guard-like units operating under training, uniform guidelines, etc. to the mess we have now.

The US has set those kinds of things up all over the world. It works.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Not really. It was pretty clear. Self determination remember? And what is the “consensus” today on Dr assisted suicide?
Well, are you talking about a healthy person, someone with a poor prognosis, someone with a terminal diagnosis… Because the answer changes depending on the situation. You can’t force a gray world into black and white.

At some nebulous point (viability? where even is that?), according to @OHvol40 the baby no longer interferes with a woman's right to "self determination" despite, I guess, still being inside of her.

It's the weirdest illogical fence-sitting lazy crap I've ever seen.

Well, are you talking about a healthy person, someone with a poor prognosis, someone with a terminal diagnosis… Because the answer changes depending on the situation. You can’t force a gray world into black and white.
Before we parse, how many states or districts even allow it. C’mon it’s a quick Google but I’d guess you have an idea. Self determination and all.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Didn't you just do that with all your self determination mumbo jumbo?

Reactions: NorthDallas40
I’m not saying uniformity in every case is necessary or even desirable, but I’m telling you right now that the way our insurances work, multi-state licensures, interstate healthcare providers… it’s creating a completely unnecessary nightmare.

I can't say "it makes it hell for insurance providers" is a compelling argument. The left controls both chambers of Congress and the WH. SCOTUS is not there to make laws for them. Why don't they take action if this means so much to them?

In essence, the crux of @OHvol40's argument is that as long as something interferes with the "self determination" of (very specifically) a woman, it is justifiable to kill it. Since that's the base of the argument, @OHvol40 claiming he is against abortions past a certain point is hypocrisy (shocker) as it's fairly obvious that any child even past birth interferes with a woman's "self determination".

Extending that logic, anything at all that interferes with a woman's right to do whatever she wants is fair game to meet with violence up to and including murder. If I block in a woman's vehicle in the parking garage, I have denied her "self determination" and should be killed. If I don't allow my wife to kill me, I have interfered with her "self determination" and should be killed. Note that @OHvol40 never said there are limits to a woman's right to self determination, at least before I started typing this.
I can see why you don’t want to articulate your own position. Exposing your hyperbole and very poor analogies to full sunlight would probably result in an emotionally painful disinfection.

Before we parse, how many states or districts even allow it. C’mon it’s a quick Google but I’d guess you have an idea. Self determination and all.
I’m guessing a handful based on traditional definitions, but then again, it depends on the definition of physician assisted suicide, or aid in dying, or hospice care, or CMO (comfort measures only), or a patient signing a DNR-DNI order… that is a whole ethical mess to unpack.

Sure I do. I'd much prefer a very significant reduction in the active military and a larger increase in localized, national guard-like units operating under training, uniform guidelines, etc. to the mess we have now.

The US has set those kinds of things up all over the world. It works.

OK, but do you want to stop a maladjusted teenager from walking out of a gun store and shooting up a school?

The facts are a LOT of young women have needed abortions because of your gross and suspect behavior. Probably more than you realize, and when your daughter needs one... be sure to keep it behind closed curtains.

I’m guessing a handful based on traditional definitions, but then again, it depends on the definition of physician assisted suicide, or aid in dying, or hospice care, or CMO (comfort measures only), or a patient signing a DNR-DNI order… that is a whole ethical mess to unpack.
It’s 10. A total of 10 including DC. And it’s just another medical procedure just like abortion. And it absolutely involves ending a human life. I didn’t just say life I’m not playing that ambiguous dumbass game like one of the resident “counselors” it’s a human being.

Abortion is no different. It’s within the purview of the states to decide. End of thread.

I can't say "it makes it hell for insurance providers" is a compelling argument. The left controls both chambers of Congress and the WH. SCOTUS is not there to make laws for them. Why don't they take action if this means so much to them?
Great question. It’s not just the insurance companies that it’s creating a nightmare for, it’s patients, physicians, healthcare providers, state licensing agencies… it’s just going to create a mess.

Wonder if insurance has increased in states where drugs are illegal on the federal level but states broke that law and legalized them at the state level. Maybe the feds should go in and clean house.

It’s 10. A total of 10 including DC. And it’s just another medical procedure just like abortion. And it absolutely involves ending a human life. I didn’t just say life I’m not playing that ambiguous dumbass game like one of the resident “counselors” it’s a human being.

Abortion is no different. It’s within the purview of the states to decide. End of thread.
Lol, end of thread for you, maybe.

Wonder if insurance has increased in states where drugs are illegal on the federal level but states broke that law and legalized them at the state level. Maybe the feds should go in and clean house.
Are we against “kicking things down to the states” now? My head is spinning.

I can see why you don’t want to articulate your own position. Exposing your hyperbole and very poor analogies to full sunlight would probably result in an emotionally painful disinfection.
I've got no hyperbole. I didn't say, or imply, that a woman has unlimited rights to self determination. That was you. If you want to talk sunlight, that's all I am shedding by taking your very own stance to its logical conclusion. The truth is you're either confused or disgusted with yourself, but as always you'll toe the line and pretend everyone else is some nitwit while contradicting yourself in your own posts.

My position is clear. I am fine with contraceptives that prevent fertilization.

At fertilization/conception, I believe human life has started.

I still understand the necessity of abortion in certain instances where there may be medical challenges for the mother, but by the numbers those are very few and very far between, and I have a healthy enough distrust of the medical system (and have seen firsthand multiple missed diagnoses of babies in the womb that turned out perfectly healthy) to doubt the commonality of those situations. Morally, I think a good mother ought to be willing to sacrifice herself for her child, but I'm not standing here advocating forcing that to happen.

Abortion is far and away an elective procedure in this country. It is far and away used as a contraceptive. And by and large the left, if they follow out their own logic, approve of "abortions" up to and beyond birth. This is your own position, you're just too chickensh** to follow it all the way out.

OK, but do you want to stop a maladjusted teenager from walking out of a gun store and shooting up a school?
I'm saying if (in the recent case) said mal-adjusted teenager had not been encouraged in his mental illness and his own failures, it wouldn't have happened. But this has nothing to do with 1) abortion, 2) a militia, and 3) the ****** memes you produce, so what's the point?

VN Store

Back