Roe vs Wade Overturned

Interesting how this guy values the life of his unborn but not the life of the mother. Is this how it is in Texas?

Interesting how this guy values the life of his unborn but not the life of the mother. Is this how it is in Texas?
Fair point.

But don’t those that advocate for abortion value the wants and desires of the mother, while placing no value on the life of the unborn?

Fair point.

But don’t those that advocate for abortion value the wants and desires of the mother, while placing no value on the life of the unborn?
Agreed. Hence the extremes of both sides. And I get the frustration of guys who have no control over whether their kids are born but such is the "system" of life

Reactions: VOLS INC.
I think 12 weeks is a reasonable limit for elective abortions. I'm glad the pro-life folks settled for that. This is definitely an issue where we're going to have to settle somewhere in the middle. Most Americans are not 100% pro life or abortion on demand for 9 mos

Reactions: rjd970
I think 12 weeks is a reasonable limit for elective abortions. I'm glad the pro-life folks settled for that. This is definitely an issue where we're going to have to settle somewhere in the middle. Most Americans are not 100% pro life or abortion on demand for 9 mos

Agree. I don't know if it is 12 weeks, but there will have to be a middle ground reached on this. Neither abortion at 9 months nor a human life is there before the couple can light a cigarette are reasonable positions in my opinion.

Reactions: Sea Ray and hog88
OK wait a minute here. Isn't the basis of being anti-abortion the belief that life begins at conception and an abortion at any time is murder?

So if you're saying that the 12 week bans recently passed in North Carolina and Nebraska are acceptable, aren't you saying that murder is ok? How do you do that? Situational morality?

Or are you compromising your morals for political reasons?

Otherwise, you are just deciding that you can tell women what their reproductive rights are, with no real moral justification, since the majority of abortions actually occur prior to 12 weeks.

Hypocrisy, it's what's for dinner.

OK wait a minute here. Isn't the basis of being anti-abortion the belief that life begins at conception and an abortion at any time is murder?

So if you're saying that the 12 week bans recently passed in North Carolina and Nebraska are acceptable, aren't you saying that murder is ok? How do you do that? Situational morality?

Otherwise, you are just deciding that you can tell women what their reproductive rights are, with no real moral justification, since the majority of abortions actually occur prior to 12 weeks.

I would imagine some of them see it as an incremental improvement.

If tomorrow it were 12 weeks across the board, across the country? I dare say 12 weeks would no longer be ok for some of them.

It’s the same playbook seen elsewhere. 😶

I say the country just needs to model the abortion laws after what Europe does. After all, that is who we aspire to be isn't it?

I think it may be the realization that an incremental approach often works better for achieving long-term goals. That was the strategy of the same-sex proponents. First, decriminalization of the activity itself, then recognition of domestic partnerships, then civil unions, and finally fully legal weddings (including religious ceremonies).

Or it could be the Schindler approach. We can't save everyone, but we'll save as many as possible.

Few would accuse that latter approach as being "hypocritical." Instead, they would recognize the realistic nature of the approach and applaud the valiant efforts of the rescuers fighting the barbarians.

Agree. I don't know if it is 12 weeks, but there will have to be a middle ground reached on this. Neither abortion at 9 months nor a human life is there before the couple can light a cigarette are reasonable positions in my opinion.

Those applyi g logic would say "my body, my choice" doesn't have a time limit and, conversely, conception takes places before the post-coitus cigarette (assuming most don't smoke during intercourse). So neither position is extreme to their adherents.

I think it varies, but even liberal France puts a 14 week limit on abortions.
Well the Progressives won’t like that. The Conservatives will though.

Progressives love Europe’s gun laws. Conservatives not so much.

I’m pretty much F@&k Europe and what they want and do, as a general rule.

Well the Progressives won’t like that. The Conservatives will though.

Progressives love Europe’s gun laws. Conservatives not so much.

I’m pretty much F@&k Europe and what they want and do, as a general rule.
If they continue with the same migration patterns that we have, there won't be a Europe much longer anyway, it will be upper northern Africa.

I think it may be the realization that an incremental approach often works better for achieving long-term goals. That was the strategy of the same-sex proponents. First, decriminalization of the activity itself, then recognition of domestic partnerships, then civil unions, and finally fully legal weddings (including religious ceremonies).

Or it could be the Schindler approach. We can't save everyone, but we'll save as many as possible.

Few would accuse that latter approach as being "hypocritical." Instead, they would recognize the realistic nature of the approach and applaud the valiant efforts of the rescuers fighting the barbarians.

With all due respect, Crap!

In both state legislatures they have veto-proof majorities. So they can pass what they want. Why the incrementalism? Oh wait, could it be because in most states the majority approve of legal abortion and getting re-elected is more important than any "moral" issue?

I'm glad my life does not hang in the balance of a political calculation like that. Now I don't believe life begins at conception, but I also don't like using abortion as a method of just birth control. On the other hand, I don't like telling a woman that she has to have a baby. I admit I am torn. But I am not imposing my will on another person when it comes to what that person does with her body.

If it's murder, it's murder. Don't try to excuse it. The hypocrisy is in saying it is murder and then not being willing to legislate that it is murder when you have the power to do so.

By the way, in NC Repub legislators met with multiple anti-abortion groups and offered to let the issue be decided by a state referendum. The anti-abortion people refused, knowing they would lose. So the only way you get your ban (REMEMBER, THE MAJORITY OF ALL ABORTIONS ARE IN HE FIRST 12 WEEKS) is for the legislature to do it. This is it, your opportunity to win.

You're just trying to make yourselves feel better.

If they continue with the same migration patterns that we have, there won't be a Europe much longer anyway, it will be upper northern Africa.
I’m not interested in Europe’s borders. They can do what they want.

I’m only interested in our borders. Specifically our southern border.

I’m not interested in Europe’s borders. They can do what they want.

I’m only interested in our borders. Specifically our southern border.
Like I said, if they continue on the same migration patterns that we have. For some reason, there seems to be a concerted effort to homogenize mostly white countries.

Like I said, if they continue on the same migration patterns that we have. For some reason, there seems to be a concerted effort to homogenize mostly white countries.
That’s more about wealth and prosperity, and people trying to get to it.

If tomorrow it’s Canadians pouring across the northern border, I’ll be just as vocal about that.

VN Store

Back