Rodney Smith

“He told me they don’t really have a big difference maker at receiver,” Smith said. “He felt like I could be a difference maker early at Tennessee.”

Big words from a coach who hasnt been with a program very long or even through a season. I would have to say Gerald Jones or Ahmad Paige would take offense to this.

Jones and Paige have the potential to be a difference maker, but still have not delivered. I will have to give a pass to Jones however. He was injured most of last season so I will be excited to see what he can do with a full offseason under his belt.

No, you want him because the coaches probably think he's going to be great. I'm not saying I don't want him - but keeping a Memphis kid "in-state" is not really easy or important.

Ya, agree that it's hard to keep Memphis kids in-state.

I'm not going to turn this thread into another "Marlon Brown thread". :)

No, you want him because the coaches probably think he's going to be great. I'm not saying I don't want him - but keeping a Memphis kid "in-state" is not really easy or important.

I hate losing the top player in the state, however, it would hurt far worse if he was from Nashville or Knoxville.

I just don't understand why it is so hard for UT to land Memphis products.

Well lets see.... UA (hogs) are just as close as Knoxville. Ole Miss and Miss State are closer to Memphis than Knoxville. UA (elephants) are probably not more than about 6 hours or so away from Memphis either.

Almost all parts of Virginia are closer to Knoxville than Memphis.

I understand the distance issue, but the pride of playing for your state, and most all kids grow up fans of their in-state school

Quote:
ESPN 150 Watch List talent Rodney Smith told affiliate Web site InsideTheU.com that two programs currently stick out in his mind.

"I would say the two schools that interest me most right now are Ohio State and Notre Dame. Both of those schools would give me a good shot at getting to the next level. They have a lot of great players go through those schools."

Other teams such as Florida, Florida State, Tennessee, Mississippi, Minnesota, South Florida and Central Florida have extended offers to Smith.

I just want someone to explain to me how ND is pulling all this talent.

VN Store

Back