Rodney Garner may be next

hbvol1982

#GBO 🍊
Matt Daniel is reporting UT has an MOU with Rodney Garner as the new D-Line coach. Big if true.
Edit: Volquest Now reporting on 1/21 that this was untrue, but might still have interest in coming. TBD....

Attachments

• 5610B16D-A849-4DD8-BD1D-9DC362BF0DD3.jpeg
    5610B16D-A849-4DD8-BD1D-9DC362BF0DD3.jpeg
    573.8 KB · Views: 664
Last edited:
Memorandum of understanding.

Correct. It isn’t binding on either side, but it holds the key terms (salary, etc.) until a formal contract with all of the terms can be written and signed.

I’m all for loading up with Defensive assistants, but if Pruitt is back, when are we going to address the problem? Quarterback coach, OL coach and OC. This just furthers my belief that Pruitt subscribes to Fulmers beliefs. Run the ball, play clock management and play great defense.

...This just furthers my belief that Pruitt subscribes to Fulmers beliefs. Run the ball, play clock management and play great defense.

There’s nothing wrong with that philosophy. You can win like that. You just have to execute.

Tennessee didn’t suck in 2020 because of philosophy. They sucked because they didn’t execute. Of course, the bigger debate is why they didn’t, and I’m willing to believe all sorts of reasons.

I’m all for loading up with Defensive assistants, but if Pruitt is back, when are we going to address the problem? Quarterback coach, OL coach and OC. This just furthers my belief that Pruitt subscribes to Fulmers beliefs. Run the ball, play clock management and play great defense.

That style isn’t going to beat the big rivals in the modern SEC.

There’s nothing wrong with that philosophy. You can win like that. You just have to execute.

Tennessee didn’t suck in 2020 because of philosophy. They sucked because they didn’t execute. Of course, the bigger debate is why they didn’t, and I’m willing to believe all sorts of reasons.

IMO, I don't think you can any more. Not in modern college football. Alabama used to be ALL about defense. But, look at Saban now.

It's pretty clear now that an elite offense in 2021 beats an elite defense 10 times out of 10. The best you can hope for is to slow down the offense just enough if you have a high powered offense, too.

I mean look at Georgia this past season. The media was drooling over their defense and they were by far the most talented defense in the NCAA (IMO) but they still couldn't slow down Alabama.

You can't win championships playing 1990s football in 2021. Adapt or die as they say. We need a drastic overhaul to our philosophy. If Pruitt wants to stick around long term, he will have to learn that otherwise he'll be gone in 2 years regardless of how good the defense is.

I assume it gets him what he will be paid and for his side hasn't agreed to a buyout. So if he gets rehired him an his new job wont owe Tennessee anything? 🤷🏽‍♂️ Just curious. Since we have seen South Carolina assistants do it and Butch Jones hired assistants take job and then quickly take another job.

I'm still not convinced it's fully Chaney on offense. The man can obviously coach QBs, of which we've had none with him to work with consistently. To you point, I agree that we need a QB Coach (other than Weinke, needs to be CJC IMO), and a quality OL coach. And most importantly, Pruitt needs to leave CJC alone with the offense. I'm still not sure where I stand on Tee. I guess we'll find out in 13 days.

Fulmer is assembling a good staff.
Does this mean you're in the "Fulmer's Conspiracy Coup Crew"? :) I have no doubts Fulmer is sitting in on meetings and whatnot, but I don't believe he's looking to take things over again. I think that's ridiculous. I also think he needs to step down, however, and try to get someone else in that knows how to run an AD. Fulmer was the right answer when we needed it. But that time is passed now and we need a TRUE AD in the worst way.

Gotta admit I was hoping for fresh faces for what I'd hoped would be a kind of rebirth of a left for dead program. Some new energy if you will. Hope he's still got the mojo both on and off the field.

VN Store

Back