Rocky Top Report Card

Hey everyone, it's Griff!

2007-08-02Spam.jpg

Wow Jax, your personal attacks are,

1) Laughable
2) An example of why most media don't interact on message boards.

But it's a free country, and I welcome your opinions like any others. Thanks for taking the time to respond on my thread.

:)

1) Laughable

But it's a free country, and I welcome your opinions like any others. Thanks for taking the time to respond on my thread.

It's nothing personal. I just find it funny you won't admit that it's spam. I don't care if it is because I don't run the board. I just get a good chuckle out of it.

1) Laughable

Where did you interact? All I see are links to another site. Please continue to be a member, just quit tying to gain traffic to your blog. I'm sure everyone knows where to find them if they want to read them.

Last edited:

1) Laughable

Everyone might not mind your spam so much if you actually contributed to the board other than just posting your links and in your threads.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Obviously, I'm not the only one, Griff.

Copy/paste your stuff and interact in threads you don't create and you won't be labeled a spammer.

I'm not sure what kind of contributions you are looking for ....

I share my opinions in the form of my work...believe it or not, no one at KNS gets paid extra to blog. It's something our employer likes us to do, but it's not budgeted into our work week.

I enjoy doing the blogs, however, as it gives me an opportunity to share info that might not necessarily fit into my assigned work.

Or, in the case of the violations story, add some info that didn't work it's way into the published piece.

I read this board all the time, and it helps me generate future story and blog ideas.

I think interaction is healthy, and for the most part most people are pretty clean with the insults (like the Spam photo, that's funny).

There's an occasional nasty insult or ugly e-mail, but that's to be expected.

I respond on other threads sometimes -- has to be something that moves me enough to have a strong opinion.

Otherwise, I just read them and consider the info and insight.

BTW, give VolFreak his props for going to Bearden and sweating a couple hours to get you some nice photos from Rocky Top.

The guy is dedicated to this board, and he's really made it a winner.

"E-Man didn't dominate this league like I thought he would, but he was out-sized in the post in every outing. That makes me think he's a power forward in the SEC and not the 4-5 some had projected."

What?

4-5 indicates he could swing between the two positions. I don't think he can consistently be effective at the 5, tho he did give the G'Town big man some problems.

Instead of being a 4-5, I think he's ultimately a 4.

I hope that answered your question.

I'm not sure what kind of contributions you are looking for ....

I share my opinions in the form of my work...believe it or not, no one at KNS gets paid extra to blog. It's something our employer likes us to do, but it's not budgeted into our work week.

I enjoy doing the blogs, however, as it gives me an opportunity to share info that might not necessarily fit into my assigned work.

Or, in the case of the violations story, add some info that didn't work it's way into the published piece.

I read this board all the time, and it helps me generate future story and blog ideas.

I think interaction is healthy, and for the most part most people are pretty clean with the insults (like the Spam photo, that's funny).

There's an occasional nasty insult or ugly e-mail, but that's to be expected.

I respond on other threads sometimes -- has to be something that moves me enough to have a strong opinion.

Otherwise, I just read them and consider the info and insight.

BTW, give VolFreak his props for going to Bearden and sweating a couple hours to get you some nice photos from Rocky Top.

How about instead of starting a thread with just a link to another site, make your own VolNation thread/blog. If you enjoy doing it so much I don't think that will be a problem. Then you could sneak a few links in and no one would care.

I don't think my employer would like me doing work for another site....especially if I am putting out information that has not yet been published or run on our own website.

This way, I can still interact with knowlegable fans in the line of duty....everyone wins.

If you don't like my posts, don't click. The cool thing about the Internet is you can pick and choose, and there's unlimited space.

1. I'm not sure what kind of contributions you are looking for ....

2. I read this board all the time, and it helps me generate future story and blog ideas.

3. I respond on other threads sometimes -- has to be something that moves me enough to have a strong opinion.

4. BTW, give VolFreak his props for going to Bearden and sweating a couple hours to get you some nice photos from Rocky Top.

1. As already stated by another poster, posts or replies that aren't related to your blog.

2. Ideas like blind faith fans?

3. Again, apparently not much here prompts you for a strong enough opinion? I find that hard to believe.

4. We all love Freak. You don't get points for complimenting him. But I understand why you're doing it.

I don't think my employer would like me doing work for another site....especially if I am putting out information that has not yet been published or run on our own website.

This way, I can still interact with knowlegable fans in the line of duty....everyone wins.

If you don't like my posts, don't click. The cool thing about the Internet is you can pick and choose, and there's unlimited space.
I can understand that, but you could at least write something in the original post besides just having a link. I hate to agree with Axion, but it looks like a spam artist.

Griff has been given the green light to post links to his blog. If you don't like it, either take it up with Freak in a PM or don't click on it. Watching every one of these threads turn into a beatdown about spam has gotten very old. :hi:

I'm calling attention to his pictures because I looked at them and liked them, and I think others will too.

I don't need points with Freak.

I'm calling attention to his pictures because I looked at them and liked them, and I think others will too.

I don't need points with Freak.

You sure about that? ;)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It's all about attacking the author...if you have a comment or beef with the story, open fire.

But this whole "kill the messenger'' thing is a little silly.

I know I'll write stuff some people like, and I'll write stuff some people don't.

But I'll always write what I believe.

VN Store

Back