Roadmap to beat UGA

I think we have same defensive game plan as Kentucky. Keep our defense on the field 45 minutes until last possession wearing out Ga offense. Then blitz and hold dawgs and kill clock.
Considering that barely worked against Kentucky you want to try that against UGA?

Agree, we have to have big plays like at KY. No one knows at this point if GA D is susceptible to big plays but if they are Heupel is guy that can figure out how to hit them.

One reason no big plays, ga d doesnt give qb much time for receivers to get downfield

Boy we have a lot of time on our hands. There is always a possibility of a miracle. a record number of turnovers, a key player or two goes down, or the most likely, the referees flip out and decide to call the game for UT. Heupel has been pretty dang smart like a fox in calling plays that the other coach and staff did not see coming. At this point, I think our O line, receivers, and Herndon are playing as well as anybody. That means most of the "difference" has to be on the Defense. Can they play a full game at half the manpower of the Dawgs? Gonna attach a neat story I heard in Boy Scouts about overcoming all the odds with decoys. Go Big Orange! https://historycollection.com/12-greatest-military-bluffs-history/

Maybe this game calls for a bit of unconventional thinking. I'd be in favor of going for it on fourth down whenever UT crosses the fifty and aren't in field goal range. I'd almost rather "give" them a short field and keep them out of the end zone, than subject our defense to long sustained drives.

I wouldn’t be one bit surprised if we beat them. Obviously, it’s not likely, but they don’t call him Kirby dumb for nothing.

If we make it to the 4th, and that’s a huge “if.” I 100% believe Kirby will make 2 or 3 decisions that will give us chance to upset them.

There is no running the ball.

Just. Ain't. Gonna. Happen.

OC hopefully thinking dump screens in response to strong DL pressure. Bombs to keep their D honest, combined with quickouts and slants for the money.

Honestly, the odds of us pulling the upset are razor thin, but I gotta say, if anyone could pull it out, Huepel could.
When I think of Cooper going against this guy.....:eek:

Reactions: ZippyMorocco
That is not, nor will it happen. That is the one thing I would put money on. If hooker can stand up, he plays. This coaching staff is not wired like that.

After thinking about my statement, I change my mind, lol. It would really go against the mentality of your team giving their all for the full 60 minutes regardless of the score. It would be like giving up way too early in the game.

I watched the UK game today. Listening to Beth Mowans is torture.

Hooker is going to be really good. The WRs are good. The D line can't shed blocks. You don't tackle well.

VN Store

Back