Road to Hoover - 2018 Edition

I believe there isn't a nickels difference between the 2-12 seeds.

Florida Is the only one that stands out to me really

I think that's fair to a certain degree, but the western teams are clearly better than the eastern teams, save UF...

No Kidding!

Pretty remarkable run in the tourney for LSU.

We're here & will be at game #17 of the tournament tomorrow. Ole Miss has been the premiere team IMO, but those LSU Tigers have brought the magic. Should be a great game. Got to meet Alan Cockrell today (one of the SEC "Legends").

Reactions: 2 people
We're here & will be at game #17 of the tournament tomorrow. Ole Miss has been the premiere team IMO, but those LSU Tigers have brought the magic. Should be a great game. Got to meet Alan Cockrell today (one of the SEC "Legends").

I agree on Ole Miss, that Arkansas team they beat today is GREAT! LSU has fought the whole way, and they are back in the Championship Game for the second year in a row.

AC is one of my favorite UT athletes of all time! Nice!

Reactions: 1 person
FAU wins in walk off fashion...Rice has been to the tourney like 23 years in a row, and Coach Graham coaches his final game for Rice. He's a legend, kinda hate to see it end this way, but both teams pulled out all the stops.

Great college baseball game.

Nice, Cockrell is one of my favorite Vols.

Never understood why Cockrell never got a real chance in MLB. The guy batted had very solid numbers for what seemed like years in AAA.

Thanks for the share. Great story. Allen looks terrific & with personality. I had no idea. :hi:

He does look great! And yea he has personality. We weren’t close friends but because of mutual friends, we ended up at the same table at Ivy’s many times. I’ve talked to him several times and saw him in AZ. Doug Furnas was a good friend of mine. Allen was a good friend to Doug in his fight against Parkinson’s. I’ll always be grateful to him for that.

He does look great! And yea he has personality. We weren’t close friends but because of mutual friends, we ended up at the same table at Ivy’s many times. I’ve talked to him several times and saw him in AZ. Doug Furnas was a good friend of mine. Allen was a good friend to Doug in his fight against Parkinson’s. I’ll always be grateful to him for that.

Didn't know about Doug Furnas. You have good information. We saw AC as the Vol qb back when we had UT season football tickets.

Didn't know about Doug Furnas. You have good information. We saw AC as the Vol qb back when we had UT season football tickets.

Yes, Doug passed away several years ago. I got to catch up with several friends that were also close to Doug at his funeral. I think it was Doug’s brother Mike that told me how much Allen had done for him. I believe he was the one that found Doug had passed while Allen was making a routine check.

Yes, Doug passed away several years ago. I got to catch up with several friends that were also close to Doug at his funeral. I think it was Doug’s brother Mike that told me how much Allen had done for him. I believe he was the one that found Doug had passed while Allen was making a routine check.

Furnas brothers! Guys like them were Volunteers to the core. I learn so much Big Orange history on VN.

Furnas brothers! Guys like them were Volunteers to the core. I learn so much Big Orange history on VN.

Those guys were/are characters! I love em both. Fond, fond memories. I could tell stories for hours.

Most I would never put on a forum but this should say every thing..... Mike and I were both in a mutual friend’s wedding, Mike shows up in a tuxedo T-shirt. When I say shows up, I mean that’s what he actually wore in the ceremony. :eek:lol:

Those guys were/are characters! I love em both. Fond, fond memories. I could tell stories for hours.

Most I would never put on a forum but this should say every thing..... Mike and I were both in a mutual friend’s wedding, Mike shows up in a tuxedo T-shirt. When I say shows up, I mean that’s what he actually wore in the ceremony. :eek:lol:

That's great! Went to my first UT game in 1964. Oops.. dating myself. :whistling:

VN Store

Back