Road to Hoover - 2018 Edition

There's a lot to play for this weekend.

Obviously, win the series against Mizzou and the Vols are in. With a little help, Texas A&M and Miss St can all be caught/passed in the standings. That would put the Vols at 10th. Very unlikely, but a few more teams could be caught as well if things fell just right.

Should be an interesting last weekend in the SEC.

Reactions: 1 person
There's a lot to play for this weekend.

Obviously, win the series against Mizzou and the Vols are in. With a little help, Texas A&M and Miss St can all be caught/passed in the standings. That would put the Vols at 10th. Very unlikely, but a few more teams could be caught as well if things fell just right.

Should be an interesting last weekend in the SEC.

Yes indeed.

I found this interesting and promising.

If the Vols win the series this weekend, their SEC record will surpass Serrano’s best SEC record (12-18). One win will tie that mark.

Pretty impressive for CTV. This team has certainly exceeded my expectations.

Reactions: 5 people
Vols can get in with one win if Florida sweeps Ms State in Starkville or if SCarolina sweeps Texas A&M in College Station.

Coach Vitello has done a great job with the roster he inherited. Will be interesting to see how many of these guys will be on the roster next spring.

Vols can get in with one win if Florida sweeps Ms State in Starkville or if SCarolina sweeps Texas A&M in College Station.

Coach Vitello has done a great job with the roster he has inherited. Will be interesting to see how many of these guys will be on the roster next spring.

Would love to see this going into satuday

We 1-1 and florida and USCe 2-0

Question for Feathersax...I was wondering if you have ever done the Clubhouse deal at Hoover? TIA

Day 1 Schedule (all time CST)

1 May 22 No. 6 vs. No. 11 10:30 a.m. SEC Network
2 May 22 No. 7 vs. No. 10 TBD SEC Network
3 May 22 No. 8 vs. No. 9 5:30 p.m SEC Network
4 May 22 No. 5 vs. No. 12 TBD SEC Network

Full Bracket
Championships - Baseball

Watching the Missouri/Indiana St game tonight they brought up tie-break scenarios. If there is a 3-way tie between us, Missouri, and either A&M or State, Missouri loses the tie-break.

Watching the Missouri/Indiana St game tonight they brought up tie-break scenarios. If there is a 3-way tie between us, Missouri, and either A&M or State, Missouri loses the tie-break.

So if all 3 teams finish with the same record, even if we lose the series, we go?

So if all 3 teams finish with the same record, even if we lose the series, we go?

If we go 0 for 3 this weekend, we're out (Alabama is last, we're next to last).

If we win at least 2 out of 3 this weekend, we're in (Alabama is last, I just wanted to type that again, and Mizzou is next to last, so we're in).

So that deals with 3 of the 4 possible outcomes this weekend (we win 0, 2, or 3 games). If we only win 1, here's what should happen. TN and Mizzou are tied. By default, winning only one means they won 2, so they win the tiebreaker over us, if it just comes down to us two. So if:

1) Ms State and A&M each just win a single game in their respective series, then we're toast since we lose the head to head with Mizzou (and Aggies/State both finish with more wins than Vols/Mizzou). This is unfortunately the most likely outcome, assuming we only win 1.

2) If State wins at least 1 (they're in) and A&M gets swept, then we've got a 3-way tie for next to last. A&M and Mizzou didn't play each other, so we can't use head to head records. Next thing is we go to record vs. best through worst team. Florida is best (and this shouldn't change). Vols and Aggies are both 1-2 against Gators, while Mizzou is 0-3, so Mizzou gets left out.

3) If Aggies win at least 1 game, but State gets swept, then the 3-way tie is between Vols, Mizzou, and State. Vols and State didn't play, so head to head amongst the 3 doesn't work. Next tiebreak is record vs. Florida. State finishes with Florida, so getting swept means they went O-fer. Mizzou was also swept. Vols went 1-2, so we're in, and Mizzou and State duke it out for last place in Hoover. I don't give a crap about those two teams, so I won't research to see who would win that tiebreaker.

I think those are all the options for us regarding in or out. All bets are off for our seeding, but at this point I think it's about 50/50 whether we'll be able to sneak in or not. The best part about the entire scenario is we still control our own destiny. We win 2 of 3 and we'll go to Hoover.

Unfortunately, we've sucked away from LNS this year. Mizzou is actually #33 in the RPI (we sit at #70). They are 20-7 at home, while we're 7-10 on the road.

Texas A&M is not gonna get swept by USC at home. Much more likely that the sweep could go the other way IMO. So if we only end up winning 1 game, hoping Florida doesn't rest the entire team and sweeps Miss State will likely be our only hope. Please pipe up if anyone catches a mistake from my post.

Day#3 of SEC Baseball Tournament in Hoover. So far Arky, TaM, both Mississippi schools looking great. Florida making errors but talent amazing. Georgia sleepwalking. Hogs-Gators tonight should be outstanding.

Day#3 of SEC Baseball Tournament in Hoover. So far Arky, TaM, both Mississippi schools looking great. Florida making errors but talent amazing. Georgia sleepwalking. Hogs-Gators tonight should be outstanding.

I didn't think either miss school had won a game yet?

Not sure how much the Gators are really going to try to win this thing

VN Store

Back