Road Rage

VolFaninFla

Man shot in road rage incident on I-85 after angry driver followed him for miles, police say

I witnessed a serious road rage incident on Dale Mabry Highway in Tampa a couple of weeks ago.
Someone in a new Ford F-150 and another idiot in a Mustang were battling it out in the northbound lanes. The Mustang was chasing the truck at high speeds and the guy in the truck went over the median and ripped out his exhaust system. Black smoke started pouring out but they both kept up the battle.
All of this happened with lots of traffic in both directions. Fortunately, they didn’t hit anyone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: davethevol
Reactions: LittleVol and tbh
We have had 3 cases of RR here in southwest Indiana in just the past week. Usually something you NEVER hear about around these parts. All 3 incidents involved violence with two of them leading to a shooting and one dead. The other one individual followed the female home and tried to follow her into her house but she was smart and had called police who arrived seconds later. Scary stuff these days.

Gainesville Georgia has given me road rage this morning 😡🤣

In Nashville yesterday afternoon on I65N at Trinity Lane (major interstate) 2 vehicles exchanging gunfire and another vehicle was hit including that driver. Fortunately he should be ok physically. This was all in moving traffic.

It's going to get worse due to societal factors increasingly dominating our nation. Liberal gun laws, some of which state you don't have to register the weapon, can either open or conceal carry. Added to this is a sense of being empowered to punish anyone who so much as look cross-eyed at you, paranoia, and outright hatred of others. Hatred, whether due to a neighbor you dislike, a person's ethnicity, anyone daring to speak a cuss word at you, and whatnot. You even got off duty cops who speed through a 15mph zoned neighborhood, when someone shouts at them to slow down, they circle back. Approach the person with a drawn gun for daring to yell at them for even a legitimate reason. Then someone cuts off someone else, and off they go to play high speed bumper cars and/or trade pistol shots, and dayum the safety of all who share the road with them. And you're going to hear and more and more about these Karen type women who figure being female is a license to be the biggest rectum cavities of all. Road rage? You ain't seen nothing yet.

Reactions: jp1
I think the way a lot of people drive nowadays incites road rage. people screw around on their phones, weaving and going slow, and when they take a break from their screen they seemingly try to make up for lost time by flooring it while weaving in and out of traffic lanes.
Had a guy pull out in front of me today where I had to slam my brakes, or I would've hit him. I blew my horn, and he started throwing his hands up like he was mad. His fault, and he acted like I done something wrong for blowing the horn.

I live in Florida, and so many drivers here are terrible. I’ve lived in Knoxville and NYC, two polar opposite types of traffic. So I’ve seen it all, but Florida drivers are the worst.

If you’re 4th in line at a red light trying to turn left, you’re most likely not going to make the light because people respond so slowly to lights turning green (most likely looking at their phones). And the interstates…forget about it. You either get stuck behind a Volvo going 45 or get blind-sided by a Wrangler going 90.

Had a guy pull out in front of me today where I had to slam my brakes, or I would've hit him. I blew my horn, and he started throwing his hands up like he was mad. His fault, and he acted like I done something wrong for blowing the horn.
Horn laws probably vary, the last I heard in Knoxville the only time it’s acceptable to use your horn is to alert another driver in an emergency situation.

I found this out leaving a ballgame when horns were being blown, I asked the police officer when I was next to him if it helps when the drivers blow their horn. He said that it was against the law unless it was to alert a driver in an emergency and that a ticket could be issued to the offenders.

I’ve hardly ever use my horn since then.

Horn laws probably vary, the last I heard in Knoxville the only time it’s acceptable to use your horn is to alert another driver in an emergency situation.

I found this out leaving a ballgame when horns were being blown, I asked the police officer when I was next to him if it helps when the drivers blow their horn. He said that it was against the law unless it was to alert a driver in an emergency and that a ticket could be issued to the offenders.

I’ve hardly ever use my horn since then.
I didn't know that. I rarely do in a situation like that, but it was close enough that I did.

I didn't know that. I rarely do in a situation like that, but it was close enough that I did.
It was a surprise to me when the officer told me that. I’m usually glad when folks honk at me. I deserve it most of the time and when I don’t, I figure they are in a bigger hurry than me.

Reactions: joevol33
It was a surprise to me when the officer told me that. I’m usually glad when folks honk at me. I deserve it most of the time and when I don’t, I figure they are in a bigger hurry than me.
First off, I wouldn’t believe anything concerning the law based solely on what a single police officer said. Secondly, you have an extremely calm demeanor if getting honked at doesn’t trigger you in any way!

First off, I wouldn’t believe anything concerning the law based solely on what a single police officer said. Secondly, you have an extremely calm demeanor if getting honked at doesn’t trigger you in any way!

He could have been making it up about being able to issue tickets for using your horn in a nonemergency situation.

This was years ago in West Nashville, my two older brother were leaving our Granny’s house headed over to see some cousins taking their own cars each. One pulls out in front of a guy with a blinker on and the guy honks and yells, so naturally(He is a preacher now.) my brother shoots him the bird. The other guy decides to turn around and follow my brother, cuts him off(This is all in a residential neighborhood.) gets out and is planning on teaching my brother a thing or two.

This scene was taking place right in front of my other brother, so he pulls up behind the two gets out and tells the guy to back off. One brother had years of training inside the ring, while the other brother was active military in town for Thanksgiving. They were nice to him. My Army brother stepped between the two telling the guy stop when he didn’t, my boxer brother went to work like the dude was a heavy bag. When someone knows how to “dig some ribs” proper, let’s just say he made short work of guy.

When road rage backfires.

They all ended up over at our cousins, the police(More cousins) had to be called when the other guy pulled a knife. Except for the boxer, when he saw the crowd over there he went back to Knoxville and let my oldest brother deal with that mess. By the time I got over there with 3 car loads of family the police was sending everyone home for the night since no one was found with a knife. Who knew the guy that took the beating to the ribs lived 2 doors down from our cousins?

It’s a small world.

This is the world we live in now. There’s no accountability & everything is someone else’s fault.

Reactions: joevol33
He could have been making it up about being able to issue tickets for using your horn in a nonemergency situation.

This was years ago in West Nashville, my two older brother were leaving our Granny’s house headed over to see some cousins taking their own cars each. One pulls out in front of a guy with a blinker on and the guy honks and yells, so naturally(He is a preacher now.) my brother shoots him the bird. The other guy decides to turn around and follow my brother, cuts him off(This is all in a residential neighborhood.) gets out and is planning on teaching my brother a thing or two.

This scene was taking place right in front of my other brother, so he pulls up behind the two gets out and tells the guy to back off. One brother had years of training inside the ring, while the other brother was active military in town for Thanksgiving. They were nice to him. My Army brother stepped between the two telling the guy stop when he didn’t, my boxer brother went to work like the dude was a heavy bag. When someone knows how to “dig some ribs” proper, let’s just say he made short work of guy.

When road rage backfires.

They all ended up over at our cousins, the police(More cousins) had to be called when the other guy pulled a knife. Except for the boxer, when he saw the crowd over there he went back to Knoxville and let my oldest brother deal with that mess. By the time I got over there with 3 car loads of family the police was sending everyone home for the night since no one was found with a knife. Who knew the guy that took the beating to the ribs lived 2 doors down from our cousins?

It’s a small world.
1656256699387.gif

VN Store

Back