8. Donta Hightower LB Lewisburg
9. Brian Sommer ATH Alcoa
10. Kurt Phillips QB Kingsport Wisconsin commit
11. Ricky Holloway LB Somerville
12. Michael Mcadoo DE Antioch
13. DeAndre Jones LB Memphis
14. Ben Bartholomew RB Nashville UTK commit
15. Tenarius Wright LB Memphis

I know about Jones' family ties to Bama and I've read that Urban really impressed him when he visited UF. I'm still hearing it's a 4-way race though, with UTK, UF, Bama and Auburn. I've read that Spurlock is pretty much between UTK and Bama. So, I guess my quesiton for hv, or whoever, is what kind of shot does UTK have with McAdoo and Bailey?

McAdoo will depend on how hard we push. Bailey strikes me as a guy that may hop on a bandwagon, though him playing with Bartholomew will help. i think we land him.

what we be great is to know who else has already offered these guys

I like Hightower. He is athletic with a big body. I dont have subscriptions to all the recruiting services like HV but I believe it will be down to UT and Alabama for him. I believe he is around 250lbs and would be willing to bet that he gets recruited or moved to DE. He has room to grow in his body and he can move for a man that big.

rogers gaines from white house high school should be on the list he is 6-8 365 he plays on the defense and offense line

How fast is he? If he runs less than a 5.5 he probably won't get any big time offers.

Hightower would be a nice land. We just have so many DEs and LBs that have potential in this class that it will be hard to choose who to pursue and who not to.

I bet Hightower's stock rises fast this next year. JMO. You can never have enough big and quick guys who can play DE. He would be a beast at MLB though if he did end up playing that in college. I see him weighing anywhere between 265 and 285 in his college years.

McAdoo is supposed to be on campus this weekend for an unofficial. He could be a good land at TE/DE.

He is a big boy. I saw him play only one game. He uses his size to overpower more than technique.

you ahould have seen John Henderson in High School. You probably think Im ref'ing his DT play, but Im talking him playing TE at the goal line. You talk about overpowering people, he used to just manhandle guys as he went up for the ball.

you ahould have seen John Henderson in High School. You probably think Im ref'ing his DT play, but Im talking him playing TE at the goal line. You talk about overpowering people, he used to just manhandle guys as he went up for the ball.

So did a guy named Charles Hathaway. Unfortunately, they tried to do the jump ball situation to him and the coach of the other team told the DB to drill him in the stomach everytime he went up. That lasted 5 times and he only caught 1 pass. Guess that is why he stuck with basketball.

I saw JH play. He was a beast but he used a lot of technique at the Dline cause he was double teamed everytime and sometimes triple teamed with a fullback too. I dont remember him playing TE but hell, I dont remember a lot sometimes.

The player I loved from Stratford back in the day was a guy named Micheal Coleman who signed with Alabama but went to play professional baseball instead. He was one of the best pure athletes to ever come out of Nashville.

I remember Coleman and charles "baby shack" hathaway , if i remember correctly hathaway played at St Pius in middle school and was a monster out there as a 6th, 7th, & 8th grader. I didnt like playing stratford, but I hated playing Pearl, and it made be cringe to see gallatin on our schedule back then. the green wave were some hard hitting country boys in the late 80's

I think Hathaway played at JT Moore Middle.
Gallatin used to have some great football teams. I cant remember the guy's name (I think his last name was Hall) but I was a freshman and he had already signed with Alabama as a receiver. He had me by 6 inches in height then and probably by 60 pounds. He only caught one pass on me though that was my fault. The other was a blown assignment by our FS on a cover 2.

Stratford and Pearl Cohn had good athletes but were VERY undisciplined.

gallatin had a guy that played for UT named Thomas Woods, a receiver, he was like a waterbug he was so quick. Everybody called him TD Woods and the name was appropriate.

I played against Ronnie Pillow from Columbia Central. We had a guy named Fred Lane on our team. Talk about great running back battle. I was a freshman and didnt get in the game much but that was the hardest hitting game I have ever seen.

didnt Fred Lane get killed by his wife recently or am I thinking about someone else?

The guy from Gallatin name that played Wr was Calvin Hall also had a brother who played Baseball at bama. I also rem Big John playing TE in high school he was a beast that always called it the alley oop play to him. I also rem Michael Coleman the Tennessean had him and the other 2 back on his team on a insert one year called the Three Horseman what a waste of great talent. I know after his minor league bb stint was over he was bagging groceries at Kroger. Wasnt Santonio beard on that team with BIg John another great talent. I think the best i saw in middle TN was the kid from DCA Scooter Edwards wow Barry Sanders esque type back killed us.

Yeah Fred got killed about 7 or 8 yrs ago i think. He was leaving in Charlotte that was right after or before the Rae Carruth thing.

I remember Coleman and charles "baby shack" hathaway , if i remember correctly hathaway played at St Pius in middle school and was a monster out there as a 6th, 7th, & 8th grader. I didnt like playing stratford, but I hated playing Pearl, and it made be cringe to see gallatin on our schedule back then. the green wave were some hard hitting country boys in the late 80's

We usually met the Greenwave in the playoffs...never got any further. :cray: I believe I still have cleat marks from a beast of running back of theirs that absolutely crushed me.

Fred was a good friend of mine. Very nice guy. Didnt make good decisions but there wasnt a mean bone in his body.

You are right, that guy's name was Calvin Hall. Damn he was tall and fast. I could keep up with him speed wise but he was to tall and strong.

Gallatin benefited from the fact that there wasnt hardly any other school in that county other than Hendersonville. Beech came on but had a small enrollement. Plus there isnt any private schools there.
Gallatin had a HUGE enrollement and always had big country boys on the line.

VN Store

Back