RIP Ron Franklin

Fun fact: Shortly after Peyton Manning's career ended at Tennessee, the athletic department produced a documentary of his college career, beginning with his recruitment. They asked Ron Franklin to narrate the video and he agreed to do it.

Florida had asked him to narrate a similar video tribute to Danny Wuerffel a year earlier... and he declined.

Clearly Ron identified with Peyton mooning that girl in the locker room. 😁

The days when I could watch a game on TV without turning the volume down.

RIP, Ron Franklin

Yea but in his defense they said some dumb things. All the female sideline reporters have ever been for the most part have been eye candy. Most of the time they offer little to zero informative news of substance and the coaches usually hate being interviewed by them at halftime.

I was a big fan of Franklin and Gottfried--they were excellent. They made every game they broadcast seem and feel important--and that's a tribute to them.

Reactions: sunnyvol79
Among other missteps…

He was a Hall of Fame announcer who disrespected and spoke down to his female colleagues.

Both things can be true.
Or his beef might not have been entirely focused on what kind of genitalia they were sporting. These days, many disagreements are automatically cubbyholed into gender and race when there is a possibility, calling someone an a-hole, might just actually be because they were an a-hole.

Or his beef might not have been entirely focused on what kind of genitalia they were sporting. These days, many disagreements are automatically cubbyholed into gender and race when there is a possibility, calling someone an a-hole, might just actually be because they were an a-hole.

I’m guessing Ron Franklin didn’t refer to his male colleagues as “sweetheart” or “sweet baby”.

Or maybe he did…who knows these days?

Perhaps Ron played for both teams and your premise is 100% correct.

Reactions: volfanbill
I’m guessing Ron Franklin didn’t refer to his male colleagues as “sweetheart” or “sweet baby”.

You NEVER know.. lol. I saw that Aaron Hernadez thing on Netflix. He fooled me in that way.

VN Store

Back