RIP Reggie Cobb

Sad day in Vol nation for sure. One of my four favorite all timers. I loved me some Cobb Webb! I’ve lost Reggie White and now Reggie Cobb. Only Chuck Webb and Dale Jones are left of my childhood heroes.😞 RIP VFL Reggie Cobb!
GBO!!

I remember him pounding at Tampa Bay. He took a beating with nearly zero blocking for years and still looked good. This reminds me of sitting next to Harry Galbreath on a flight cutting up with him and seeing where he died shortly afterwards. Hurts my heart that we are losing these men way too soon.

The Cobb video reminds me that I miss "Down the Field" after touchdowns. Iiirc, they would play Down the Field, then the extra point, then Rocky Top. Great combo. Nostalgia.

Everyone remembers the McRae block on that play but also look at what the FB (Poles?) does to their OLB... We played big boy, road grader, smash mouth ball that year and served pancakes for dinner. Cobb had 225 yards rushing that day and Webb had 118.

I really hate to hear about this... he was way too young. Prayers for the family. RIP.

I wish I could like this more than once.

I’m checking all local news channels as often as I can but so far there are still no details. RIP

No doubt an all time favorite............ The COBB WEBB backfield was one of the best ever!!!!!!

God Bless him and his family...................

Heartbreaking news. Reggie was my son's classmate and teammate. And while I'm not young, I still think of them as kids playing together at Ft Sanders and as VsFL winning an SEC championship.
There are just no words....

Volnation grieves at the loss of Mr.Reggie Cobb.He was a scout in the nfl and passed from a heart attack,hopefully in his sleep.Rest well.Your work here is done.May peace be with family and kin and friends pf this good VFL.

Reactions: feathersax
Way too early without question. BUT, none of us are “Superman” and we all will travel this path. Make it count and be ready (whatever “ready” means to you—not trying to start a religious battle).

Classy way of saying that.

Reactions: feathersax
Way too early without question. BUT, none of us are “Superman” and we all will travel this path. Make it count and be ready (whatever “ready” means to you—not trying to start a religious battle).
Well of course

This one hurts! I remember all the grumbling about losing Knoxville local Leroy Thompson to Penn State...and we had another native who was better.

I was thinking about Leroy Thompson; The Sports Mags made a huge deal out of him going to PS. And that was when the "Sandusky Scandal" was in full force. I always thought Paterno was a wimpy astardba; and turns out he was. That PS degree; (assuming) doesn't look the same now. REGGIE COBB! Loved to see him run. RIP.

VN Store

Back