RIP George Welsh

I remember Moore to Moore when I was a kid. They were nasty. Welsh was a great coach and seemed like a great guy. UVA, Gt and Clemson were always really good before FSU came into the league. If I’m not mistaken UVA was the first ACC team to beat FSU on like a weird Thursday night game. I have no idea why I know that.

Reactions: bag12day
Had no idea how terrible UVA was pre George Welsh. They had only won 33 ACC games in the previous 29 seasons prior to him! That's an absurd stat.

RIP George Welsh, we can scratch him off the OC list

I remember Moore to Moore when I was a kid. They were nasty. Welsh was a great coach and seemed like a great guy. UVA, Gt and Clemson were always really good before FSU came into the league. If I’m not mistaken UVA was the first ACC team to beat FSU on like a weird Thursday night game. I have no idea why I know that.
Warrick Dunn stopped at the 1 yard line as time expired. Never a UVA fan but living in VA my whole life I still remember that game very vividly.

Warrick Dunn stopped at the 1 yard line as time expired. Never a UVA fan but living in VA my whole life I still remember that game very vividly.

That’s right. It was a direct snap. Weird the things you remember when you were younger.

VN Store

Back