RIP Bubble Watch Threads

I hate this so, so much. It's selfish and a touch callous, sure, but I'm fully of the opinion that the mega conferences need to be looking out for themselves during these turbulent times as opposed to building up low-majors and further sharing the pie. My enjoyment of college athletics has very little to do with teams outside of perhaps seven or eight conferences, so the notion of throwing a life preserver to Central Connecticut while Utah furloughs its entire athletics department strikes me as insane.

I know that people have been saying that more games = more fun for years, but I don't know if I agree with that conceptually. I also can't envision an all-inclusive tournament being more profitable as you're stuck with tons of teams that have absolutely no draw whatsoever. If you want more games and more money, college basketball should attempt to mirror NCAA baseball and have a tournament that relies on double elimination to hopefully generate more compelling matchups.
It sounds good, until your #3 seeded team gets upset by a #79 seed...
GBO!!

Everyone gets a trophy and a bonus for making the first round. It's beginning to look like TSSAA football only on roids.

Basically no incentive to actually win during the season.

Last edited:
Dumb idea in my opinion. In the time of CoVid, I would be happy with fewer teams, then you could limit the tournament to potentially 2 to 4 venues, keeping teams less exposed. This seems counterintuitive. What's the reason for it?

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Dumb idea in my opinion. In the time of CoVid, I would be happy with fewer teams, then you could limit the tournament to potentially 2 to 4 venues, keeping teams less exposed. This seems counterintuitive. What's the reason for it?

Simple, the answer is $$$,$$$,$$$.

VN Store

Back