Riley to USC…the inevitable Josh Heupel to OU freak out thread

I see I am about 500 posts in 2 hours too late. I can’t believe the speed at which this thread is flying lol.

Anyway, you all are all nuts. How is it that we do this same thing EVERY year? Vol Nation crowned Butch Jones after his first bowl win. We claimed Pruitt was Alabama’s head coach in waiting after a 7-5 season in Year 2. Now we’re claiming Oklahoma is going to want Heupel based off one 7-5 season.

Listen, I get it. BVS is real. And, I’m sure we’ll see some agent driven stuff in the media where his name might float around. Hell, these journalists know TN fans drive huge clicks during coaching search season so I wouldn’t be surprised if some journalist just makes some crap up to get us to click on an article.

Heupel isn’t going anywhere though. We’re fine. We’re not always in danger of losing our coach. I’m not entirely sure why anyone would want a TN coach based on the past 15 years. We have to win something of merit before people coming sniffing around Knoxville.
Wait...You mean we have to beat real teams before real programs would want our coach?

It has almost 3k tweets... I see no signs of it being a troll account. None of the tweets I see from that account are co controversial or childish. Seems legit. What am I missing?

It’s 100% a known bs account. You can read through earlier in the thread for proof if you need it.

Reactions: FBtime
Lol

I bet LSU fans are pizzed.

They thought they had Riley all wrapped up……..then he is hired to a program which LSU fans believe is subpar to themselves.

Too funny.

Only stays funny if Heupel stays put.

Gas prices at the Pilot Flying J will be going up…
I think they are less invested than the old days. The more that we transition to Jim being more involved with the Browns. At Tennessee the Haslams will be ok with giving just enough for lower tier coaching hires. If Tennessee was in a position its pony up time the money would come from the other major players imo.

I think they are less invested than the old days. The more that we transition to Jim being more involved with the Browns. At Tennessee the Haslams will be ok with giving just enough for lower tier coaching hires. If Tennessee was in a position its pony up time the money would come from the other major players imo.
No man, both Haslam are deeply involved.

Greg Sankey himself has said that 2025 is the earliest they can realistically hope for to get Texas and OU in the league.
That doesn't really mean anything...These situations are fluid and can change rather quickly, if warranted...

Lol. No. Heupel isn’t going anywhere. Calm down.
Agreed. He's not stupid. All he has to do is look at how badly Kiffin wants to be back in Knoxville. He's seen the energy this fanbase and program have. He'd be an idiot to walk away at this point. He has ZERO pressure/expectations. All he has to do is keep progressing and he's a king here. Go to OU and they'll expect the playoffs every year. Like I said...he's not stupid....I hope.

Agreed. He's not stupid. All he has to do is look at how badly Kiffin wants to be back in Knoxville. He's seen the energy this fanbase and program have. He'd be an idiot to walk away at this point. He has ZERO pressure/expectations. All he has to do is keep progressing and he's a king here. Go to OU and they'll expect the playoffs every year. Like I said...he's not stupid....I hope.

None of that trumps the chance to walk into an instant playoff contending program, 10+ wins, and a 7-8 million dollar paycheck.

7-5 with largely an inferior roster…. OU has elite talent…..and it’s his alma mater

CJH has never coached the kind of elite talent that OK has. And his 7-5 year here is just one year. Again, if he is such a good get for Oklahoma, how come LSU and Florida haven't made a run at him?

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Reactions: zydane47

VN Store

Back