Right this second

CDM just said on 104.5 the zone Nashville that Fulmer and Tennessee understand that giving a coach an extension is just part of the business and so is firing them early and paying the buyout. This is good news.

Extensions and buyouts don't have to be tied to each other, although they usually track each other.

CPF gave Holly an extension that actually lowered her buyout, so when she failed to come through, it was easier to fire her.

Also, sometimes you almost have to give extensions or recruiting will be decimated.

Pruitt isn’t getting fired.

Barring a shocking turnaround he will be by this time next year. If he continues to be stubborn with starting JG & TN losses the rest of their games this year (very possible) or even wins just one more (maybe Vanderbilt) there won’t be a hotter seat in college football going into the 2021 season.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Im interested to see the way Fulmer navigates the football program these next 2 years to get a better sense of where his head is at. Can he see the writing on the wall, whether positive or negative? Will he have patience or does he fire Pruitt and already have someone else in mind? Basically the choice he has to make. I think if we go winless the rest of the way, he’s gonna have to pull the trigger.
I believe that Phil should make the decision to fire or retain Pruitt. If the decision is to fire him, that's all for Phil. Other people will be handling the situation from that point.

There were no good HC candidates that would've come here by the time Fulmer was named AD.
Do I have faith that Fulmer could actually hire a good coach?
My faith in Fulmer hiring a good coach goes up if there is a good coach willing to take the job, yes.
My faith in Fulmer isn't just dependant on him hiring a good coach, it's about firing one instead of waiting a couple seasons longer than it should have.

My faith in Fulmer isn't just dependant on him hiring a good coach, it's about firing one instead of waiting a couple seasons longer than it should have.

That too ... I was just answering the question which said, hypothetically, if Pruitt is canned.

CDM just said on 104.5 the zone Nashville that Fulmer and Tennessee understand that giving a coach an extension is just part of the business and so is firing them early and paying the buyout. This is good news.
Worry about the offensive staff if you want to fire someone like Tennessee fans seem to continually think about, but with the recruits we have coming in it would be program suicide to fire Pruitt. What this team needs is a QB and that would cure a lot of ills because the disasters on O continue to effect the D. Bailey is a gamer and seems to have the quick reactions and ability to do something with them. JG has kept us from being competitive most of the season and not having Bailey prepared is inexcusable and THAT I blame on Pruitt 2 months in.

Reactions: JPL
Fulmer needs to be met Monday morning by someone with the authority to fire him.
He should be relieved of any duties related to UT formally and permanently. Then there needs to be a visit to Jeremy Pruitts office to let him know he is on the hot seat. Losses to A&M, Florida or Vandy will result in his firing with cause. I am listening to this idiot, no way he was ever qualified to be an SEC coach except that he was hired by an idiot.

VN Store

Back