Rickea Jackson

Has anyone seen video where Jackson moving between objects in a drill she moving good seen it two days ago? Mudcat says she back for sec or sooner? Proof Samantha Williams TikTok Rickey Jackson is getting closer it's on two lady Vols Facebook groups it'sallso on Instagram uncoachable anyway she moving fine in the drill. It's There someone posted itiif they want to. utcoachsam Instagram
@Coach Jumper @chuckiepoo some post Sama Williams TikTok Rickey Jackson is getting closer utcoachsam on Instagram. Rickey Jackson doing a movement drill in their practice building.its five on ten seconds long utcoachsam it's top of Samantha Williams Instagram. You can lead a horse to clear mountain spring water but it's hard to make it drank againsted it's will.

@Coach Jumper @chuckiepoo some post Sama Williams TikTok Rickey Jackson is getting closer utcoachsam on Instagram. Rickey Jackson doing a movement drill in their practice building.its five on ten seconds long utcoachsam it's top of Samantha Williams Instagram. You can lead a horse to clear mountain spring water but it's hard to make it drank againsted it's will.
I think this horse needs to let the trainer work it for a couple more weeks to be safe,,,JMO

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I think this horse needs to let the trainer work it for a couple more weeks to be safe,,,JMO
horse commit was about getting someone to post Rickea video doing a drill. Was not trying to put a timefame on Jackson return. Other than my guessing SEC play. Someone posted post before on coach sam intergram no one wants to post video of Jackson doing a drill. This horse i was refering to was volnation. As the post in commit #126 , 128 is a photo the one i'm refering to is a video Both said photo and video are on coach sam intergram.

horse commit was about getting someone to post Rickea video doing a drill. Was not trying to put a timefame on Jackson return. Other than my guessing SEC play. Someone posted post before on coach sam intergram no one wants to post video of Jackson doing a drill. This horse i was refering to was volnation. As the post in commit #126 , 128 is a photo the one i'm refering to is a video Both said photo and video are on coach sam intergram.

This is reprehensible! I know you have some weird personal ax to grind with this staff but this is beyond the pale!!
They have never pushed a kid to play hurt e.g. Rae, Jordy, TK.
Also, they are not worried about their jobs. That is just your constant drum beat.
You owe this staff an apology!!!
Part of playing and coaching sports at an elite level is communicating to players the difference between hurt and sore, which are subjective and injured which is most often a medical decision. There's lots and lots of youngsters and pros that compete successfully at very high levels hurting and sore. One of the more famous stories along this line is Ronnie Lott all pro safety with the NFL's 49ers injured a pinky finger that required reconstructive surgery. The recovery time would have kept him off the field for a significant amount of time. He elected to have the pinky finger amputated and played the following week. Reconstructive surgery, medically injured and significant rehab time as well. Amputated finger, patched up and painful, but able to medically clear to function in a week. When it comes to pain it's different strokes for different folks. It's a thing I have as I've played sports hurt and encouraged players to play hurt when coaching, it depends on the person and the hurt. I never played nor encouraged anyone to play injured.

Part of playing and coaching sports at an elite level is communicating to players the difference between hurt and sore, which are subjective and injured which is most often a medical decision. There's lots and lots of youngsters and pros that compete successfully at very high levels hurting and sore. One of the more famous stories along this line is Ronnie Lott all pro safety with the NFL's 49ers injured a pinky finger that required reconstructive surgery. The recovery time would have kept him off the field for a significant amount of time. He elected to have the pinky finger amputated and played the following week. Reconstructive surgery, medically injured and significant rehab time as well. Amputated finger, patched up and painful, but able to medically clear to function in a week. When it comes to pain it's different strokes for different folks. It's a thing I have as I've played sports hurt and encouraged players to play hurt when coaching, it depends on the person and the hurt. I never played nor encouraged anyone to play injured.
there is an old coaching axiom,,,"You can play hurt, but never play injured"

Anyone want to do some speculating? Will she play tomorrow or won't she?
Great as a long, slow tease can sometimes be, if she doesn't play tomorrow this SOON stuff, which has been going on for almost a month, is comic bordering on ridiculous.

I'm assuming Earl's tease means she's been fully practicing again, which is great.

Last edited:
Good deal! A chance to knock off some of that rust.
Yes, I'm very relieved this is the plan. A home game, long off time, then an away game before SEC play starts.

If they had thought resting the injury more these next two weeks was more important than the chance to knock rust off, I was going to be seriously worried.

Game buddy already asked if we can go for warm ups. She'll believe it when she sees it.

Yes, I'm very relieved this is the plan. A home game, long off time, then an away game before SEC play starts.

If they had thought resting the injury more these next two weeks was more important than the chance to knock rust off, I was going to be seriously worried.

Game buddy already asked if we can go for warm ups. She'll believe it when she sees it.
There is also the issue of returning to game shape. Getting that wind back could be a challenge.

Reactions: alexvol
There is also the issue of returning to game shape. Getting that wind back could be a challenge.

Prediction - she plays 18 minutes-- shoots 9 for 10 from the field (including 2 for 3 from the three point line); 6-6 from the FT which totals as (taking off shoes to finish calculation) 26 points to go along with 9 rebounds and 6 assists. She also sets a record for popcorn sales in the stands and completes the fastest post-game arena clean-up in history while saving a cat stuck on the roof of the food city arena.

I think she'll round back into game shape pretty quickly. I'm sure lots of bike cardio was going on.

A big question is how many miles do you want to put on that leg, esp if it's the injury we suspect. They need her 35 mins a game most games nowadays; she played 37 at Fla St. But can we risk that? You want her out there every second you need her, but not a second extra. Tricky

Prediction - she plays 18 minutes-- shoots 9 for 10 from the field (including 2 for 3 from the three point line); 6-6 from the FT which totals as (taking off shoes to finish calculation) 26 points to go along with 9 rebounds and 6 assists. She also sets a record for popcorn sales in the stands and completes the fastest post-game arena clean-up in history while saving a cat stuck on the roof of the food city arena.
Well that's a start.

Seriously, I think about 18-20 mins is likely. Unless we're fighting for our life which is not out of the question.

Rather lose to the Terriers and not play Rickea than play her and lose her for the SEC schedule.
Med staff, coaches, and RJ's agent and family would never ever let that happen. Doesn't mean, basketball gods forbid, reinjury couldn't happen but it won't be bc of rushing back. I think we can rest assured this was handled very, very conservatively.

VN Store

Back