Rickea Jackson Minutes

I thought this deserved its own thread. I’m concerned with Coach saying Rickea’s absence was coaches decision and is indefinite… I have clue what is going on but it doesn’t sound good.

Good morning! Would you be willing to change this thread name? While your original title is indeed correct it has taken on a life of its own, including comments by spurned Miss St fans.
Maybe something like Rickea minutes? I don’t know, I’m not super creative. Just something to bring the heat down a bit. Thanks!

For sure not grades. She is very smart and makes good grades. I hate to see this latest development. Love the kid but sadly I am not surprised.

Yes, it is so obvious how much you "love the kid." Hey, but you have a big Fan in vandy lover Darth who has been trolling the Lady Vol program for years!!!

Last edited:
Good morning! Would you be willing to change this thread name? While your original title is indeed correct it has taken on a life of its own, including comments by spurned Miss St fans.
Maybe something like Rickea minutes? I don’t know, I’m not super creative. Just something to bring the heat down a bit. Thanks!
Done. Hope that helps. Certainly wasn’t my intention.

Rickea even with her little hiatus from playing very much is still averaging 27 points per forty minutes played. I'd love to see her in the starting lineup versus Stanford. Fairly sure I want get my wish, but were going to need her a lot to have any chance to win that game. I'm going Horston, Jackson, Powell, Hollingshead, Franklin, Puckett, and a little of Walker, Darby, Striplin, and Pissott for the win.

Rickea even with her little hiatus from playing very much is still averaging 27 points per forty minutes played. I'd love to see her in the starting lineup versus Stanford. Fairly sure I want get my wish, but were going to need her a lot to have any chance to win that game. I'm going Horston, Jackson, Powell, Hollingshead, Franklin, Puckett, and a little of Walker, Darby, Striplin, and Pissott for the win.

If she's not a big part of the game against Stanford, from start to finish then I don't see this ending well for all parties.

If there's an issue with Rickea that requires some tough love, I hope the coach follows it up with some help for her. Could be she needs a mid-course attitude adjustment in life, and counseling or some other form of help would be appropriate. If we want our players to be VFL's, then we need to support them when they have troubles as much as we feasibly can, both during their playing careers and after.

Let's all keep some positive thoughts about Ms. Jackson.....Whatever in the hell is going on, is none of our business...
i

maybe adjust it to "playing limited or playing less"
Kellie said Stripland & Horston put in most work on their. Reward players working in practice. Karoline was ranked top 50 prospects nation just like Sara. Marta & Karoline block a player or set pick for Horston to drive for layup. Maybe Rickea is working just as hard as teammates or she not. Kellie needs get lady vols ready for ncaa run while geting young players mins for this year and next. It takes five working together for smooth offence and good defence. Karoline never got change to show her skills last year. Just 13 players geting time now most need 10 mins to get better. Starters do not need to play 30 plus mins agame. to make ncaa run. Kellie was how she picking starters and playing time . She made clear when Cora Hall ask about RJ playing time.

Last edited:
This Rickea Jackson situation reminds me of the Brandon Huntley Hatfield situation with Barnes last season in which Barnes and BHH had different views of how he should have been used within the framework of the offense.

BHH was a diva in my opinion and this season's team is a whole lot better without him as Aidoo and Awaka have stepped forth and have had their moments this season.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
When immediately after two separate losses Rickea looked frustrated before quickly sprinting off the floor and blowing off the handshake line, I said then that I suspect she may have been wanting to make herself scarce before she said something to her teammates or staff she knew she’d regret.

Now, I have no idea whether that was actually the case, but if I just HAD to guess, then I’d guess that Jackson may have difficulty making sure her disgust over losing — she established in interviews how much she loathes losing — doesn’t come out as blaming teammates.

She may simply have a too-sharp tongue, and it may have become a problem in the locker room.

This would be my guess. I know she is frustrated and probably paranoid as hell with “Oh no, not AGAIN!” thoughts and memories of how her dreams at MsSt were crushed, so I could see if, maybe, she has tendencies to have a sharp tongue could come out.

She may be learning an important lesson in humility and tact right now and, IMO, growing in those areas will impact her life much more than playing more minutes right now.

No matter what it is she is obviously working on it, and that’s all that matters.

For sure not grades. She is very smart and makes good grades. I hate to see this latest development. Love the kid but sadly I am not surprised.
Gwalk are you Stuntman of YouTube fame that talk WCBB /WNBA bball?

When immediately after two separate losses Rickea looked frustrated before quickly sprinting off the floor and blowing off the handshake line, I said then that I suspect she may have been wanting to make herself scarce before she said something to her teammates or staff she knew she’d regret.

Now, I have no idea whether that was actually the case, but if I just HAD to guess, then I’d guess that Jackson may have difficulty making sure her disgust over losing — she established in interviews how much she loathes losing — doesn’t come out as blaming teammates.

She may simply have a too-sharp tongue, and it may have become a problem in the locker room.

This would be my guess. I know she is frustrated and probably paranoid as hell with “Oh no, not AGAIN!” thoughts and memories of how her dreams at MsSt were crushed, so I could see if, maybe, she has tendencies to have a sharp tongue could come out.

She may be learning an important lesson in humility and tact right now and, IMO, growing in those areas will impact her life much more than playing more minutes right now.

No matter what it is she is obviously working on it, and that’s all that matters.

Yep it was building. Many saw it and it was brushed aside. IU game was the first time I saw it.

This Stanford game and all games against top five teams are of the utmost important to Jordan and Rickea as being seniors.
Draft status and future endorsements and accolades are effected by their performance in these top matches. Saying all this to say , if Rickea isn't starting or playing huge minutes
than WTF is really going on ?
At what cost? Or what price ? Or what punishment ? Or discipline? Or WTF ?
Then curiosity will really kill this cat. I would wanna know.

Reactions: Mr.Vol2U

Give me a break. :rolleyes: Almost all elementary aged children who play sports are capable of lining up after a game and high fiving the other team without making a scene...

I wish the title of this thread could be changed since it has become "the lastest on the RJ situation" and since she is PLAYING, the indefinite ban is no longer the current status.
I understand your point but not a big fan of changing history. A new thread might make sense to post to so that the old thread fades away.

VN Store

Back