Rickea Jackson Minutes

The portal can be like a used car lot. They all can look pretty good from the highway. But what’s under the hood? What’s hiding in the trunk? Will it take you to the checkered flag or down a checkered path?

In any event, you need a decent mechanic to get them running smoothly or keep them purring.

And at the end of the day, it’s more about what’s on the inside than the looks…

a'hem
workshopsfriend-meisteramwerk.gif

This is certainly unsettling news, but it reminds me of something one of my more seasoned coaching friends once said. They had just added a new drill to the summer team, so I asked him what it would help with. He replied, without missing a beat, "it'll help us look smart if they win more." "What if you don't win more?" I asked. "Then we won't look that smart."

He was joking, of course - sort of - but in the context of today's news, I think back to that joke. Coaches don't always know. They just try their best like anyone else. Whatever Harper is doing, is what she thinks she has to do to manage the team, and we're going to have to wait and see if she's right or wrong. It's a lot of players and egos to manage. Will it work? Will it implode? All I can think is that we'll find out soon enough.

Instead of looking at this in such misery how about we look at this as a possible positive. Jackson knows her abilities and what she can do with Jordy and rest of this roster and it took this minor suspension to get her completely focused. I guess we shall see. In CHRIST Alone

Instead of looking at this in such misery how about we look at this as a possible positive. Jackson knows her abilities and what she can do with Jordy and rest of this roster and it took this minor suspension to get her completely focused. I guess we shall see. In CHRIST Alone
has someone ruled it minor yet

I'm so frustrated with the beginning of this season...mainly with how the team looks on the floor...All of the turnovers and indecisions...so many of the players seem heavier and out of basketball shape...too much laughter when we are losing is NOT okay...no recruits coming in for next season is NOT okay...You cannot build winning team or win year after year this way...At the end of the day, the coaches are supposed to be on top of this...I'm more than concerned and I KNOW I'M NOT ALONE...LVFL 🧡

She's one player. Hollingshead and Franklin were portal players too and they're simply in concussion protocol (?). There are still a lot of good players on this team. Sometimes less is more.

Reactions: JohnnyPayne
She's suspended indefinitely. She be back for the next game or she could be out for the next ten games.

If it were of high seriousness, she wouldn't be allowed to be around the team or sit on the bench.

Let's say it was skipping class. "Indefinite" might mean 1 game plus being on time to all classes until UTC.

Something like this could also be how Jackson "chose" this while it was also a "coaches decision".

Last edited:
Some of you are way too miserable being Lady Vol fans for it to be healthy. Why even waste time on something that only disappoints and disgusts you? Seriously, I’d like to know.
Let's compare this to Brooklyns indiscretion last year. She was suspended for a game and not allowed to be on the bench. This can't be as major as that if Rickea was on the end of the bench. It could be something personal going on with her and Kellie said out indefinitely (Coaches Decision) to protect her privacy. Kellie does not talk, gossip or give any details about anything she does not want you to know about. This will work itself out. Maybe late for practice, class or just not practicing hard. Who knows.

Has nothing to do with building out of the portal. If the portal players can't play that is the problem. They are the players we needed today not the ones we had available. After Horston and Key it appears no one was ready to play today or didn't have the ability to play. Out of that big list of Hoopgurlz star freshmen very few of them are getting any playing time this season on the teams they selected. Our problem is none of our sophomores seem to be able to help and that is concerning.

Let's compare this to Brooklyns indiscretion last year. She was suspended for a game and not allowed to be on the bench. This can't be as major as that if Rickea was on the end of the bench. It could be something personal going on with her and Kellie said out indefinitely (Coaches Decision) to protect her privacy. Kellie does not talk, gossip or give any details about anything she does not want you to know about. This will work itself out. Maybe late for practice, class or just not practicing hard. Who knows.

Good take! you are correct kellie does cut a lot of the stuff off when it comes to giving details or gossip. I also thought it could be one of the things you mentioned above because she was allowed on the bench.

I'm so frustrated with the beginning of this season...mainly with how the team looks on the floor...All of the turnovers and indecisions...so many of the players seem heavier and out of basketball shape...too much laughter when we are losing is NOT okay...no recruits coming in for next season is NOT okay...You cannot build winning team or win year after year this way...At the end of the day, the coaches are supposed to be on top of this...I'm more than concerned and I KNOW I'M NOT ALONE...LVFL 🧡
Well said. LV team just isn't very good.

Well the fact she was on the bench says it must have been some kind of team rule. Nothing illegal...
Accurate, Miles broke the law and got busted. Jackson seems more personal issue or rouge/team conflict.

VN Store

Back