Rick vs Erik...

Vols Forever

I, as I'm sure everyone else understands that Erik is the future (until Crompton gets a snap).. BUT... ___________ I'm curious to see what "the but" is that everyone thinks on this performance from Ainge and what our future holds this year... SEC championship... dare I say we have an outside chance at a national champship with the D and Clausen... please set me straight...

If we can survive the short week and win again Saturday, we are proably looking at a #5-#7 ranking. We'll need a lot of help, but it's the same position we were in back in 2001.

I still think Erik is the better QB, talent-wise... HOWEVER...

The team, in particular the offensive line, played better with Rick. Actually, the o-line was nothing short of spectacular with Rick taking snaps. When Erik was playing, the o-line had more holes than a 9/11 conspiracy theory. This is the fault of the o-line, not Ainge.

Anywho, Rick gets the start for the rest of the season. If he starts sucking it up, play Ainge, and maybe get Ainge some limited second half playing time. See if he can get back that swagger he had as a freshman.

All will be well.

And PS anybody that is dissing Ainge right now, time to check into reality he is a Vol all the same. Quit bashing your own friggin' team like that.

Hey, the season just started gang. We have eight games left, as does most everyone. A lot of things will happen.

As you all know, the SEC is the best conference in college football and its tough to slip through undefeated. So we're back in it as I see it.

Anyway, I still don't see things as Rick versus Erik, but rather Rick AND Eric...supporting each other...pushing each other...and working together to win the whole ball of wax.

Rick appears to be THE MAN and with him in there, we will ALL work to get a shot at USC!!!!!!!

Originally posted by milohimself@Sep 27, 2005 12:58 AM
I still think Erik is the better QB, talent-wise... HOWEVER...

The team, in particular the offensive line, played better with Rick. Actually, the o-line was nothing short of spectacular with Rick taking snaps. When Erik was playing, the o-line had more holes than a 9/11 conspiracy theory. This is the fault of the o-line, not Ainge.

Anywho, Rick gets the start for the rest of the season. If he starts sucking it up, play Ainge, and maybe get Ainge some limited second half playing time. See if he can get back that swagger he had as a freshman.

All will be well.

And PS anybody that is dissing Ainge right now, time to check into reality he is a Vol all the same. Quit bashing your own friggin' team like that.
[snapback]152747[/snapback]​

Right or wrong, I don't think the team plays as hard for Ainge. I have seen Ainge yelling at guys during this game and others and I think they resent it.

I still find that difficult to pin on Erik.

Either way, if we play better under Rick, put him in.

Originally posted by surrealvol@Sep 26, 2005 9:59 PM
Hey, the season just started gang.  We have eight games left, as does most everyone.  A lot of things will happen.

As you all know, the SEC is the best conference in college football and its tough to slip through undefeated.  So we're back in it as I see it.

Anyway, I still don't see things as Rick versus Erik, but rather Rick AND Eric...supporting each other...pushing each other...and working together to win the whole ball of wax.

Rick appears to be THE MAN and with him in there, we will ALL work to get a shot at USC!!!!!!!
[snapback]152749[/snapback]​

Amen. Time to start hoping Texas and Virginia Tech can get beat.

agreed milohimself... I didn't mean it to sound like one vs another... UT comes first... good words man... GO VOLS!

I still say defense win championships... time for a raise....

Absolutely. Our defense has been doing pretty well so far this season. Except for 3rd down situations against Florida, but at least they have the only other talented offense in the SEC. Our defense should dominate the rest of the season and Fulmer can start worrying about playing Fulmer ball again.

VN Store

Back