Rick Clausen

haha...yup, his dad's best friend is my barber back home. we were talking about him for a while on time.

They just said on WBIR news at 6 that he fell about 6 feet landing on his feet, then slipped down on his rear end. They said he is a little sore but other than that he is OK.

Id hate to speculate! If the media gets it correct and it doesnt get to rumored up by non-Vol fans id like to think'' he's just bruised up good. Lets all just hope and pray. Also IMO think Crompton should redshirt, sure he's been the "Peyton" type student of the game and offense and thats a great thing. But if the battles won and it isnt' him as the #1 then i wouldnt want to waste a yr of his talent just sitting on the sideline

There was faulty railing on the balcony and it gave way. He was bruised up and is back on campus and sore.

Originally posted by TNVOLS1@May 1, 2005 8:00 PM
There was faulty railing on the balcony and it gave way. He was bruised up and is back on campus and sore.

thanks for the clarification. So there is only a couple of bruises then, well that is very good news espically since last night I was hearing he fell of a 2 story balcony. :yikes:

It was a 2nd floor balcony. He was taken to UT as a precaution only.

well someone said it was reported that he only fell 6 feet.

From govols xtra:

Tennessee quarterback Rick Clausen checked out OK after a 10-foot fall Saturday night.

"I’ve talked to Rick, and he’s fine,’’ Vols’ coach Phillip Fulmer said. "He’s just a little sore.’’

Clausen fell from a walkway into some wet grass at a social gathering in Knoxville on Saturday night, according to Jim Clausen, Rick’s father.

"Rick said he thought he heard Katie (his sister) calling him from down below, and as he was turning, he lost his balance, slipped and fell,’’ Jim Clausen said. "He’s a very lucky young man.’’

The last time a Clausen had an offseason fall, it cost him the starting quarterback job. Casey Clausen fell and landed awkwardly after a vertical jump test, injuring his throwing shoulder. As a result of that injury, he lost the starting job heading into the 2000 season and didn’t gain it back until the fifth game.

"Rick landed on one leg and then his right side,’’ Jim Clausen said. "I guess all those years of gymnastics helped him. He took gymnastics from about the time he was 4 until he was 7.

"They took him to the hospital and he checked out OK.’’

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@May 2, 2005 8:27 PM
lots of bad signs this off season for the vols.

Maybe they are just getting all the bad stuff out of the way so they can have a perfect season..

VN Store

Back