Rick Clausen In The Big Leagues

duckman398686

VN's One and Only
I know this wil prolly get some negative feedback but do you think Rick has any chance of getting to the NFL, AFL, CFL, or EFL Euro for that matter?

i wouldnt be surprised to see him in the AFL, or something like that, assuming he starts next year

Not unless his arm gets a lot better in the next 12 months. I think he could probably be a pretty good college QB if given the chance, but it always seems to me that his throws don't quite have the zip that they would need to go to the next level.

Rick will make somebody very happy as an OC. Hopefully he can comeback and coordinate the Vols offense some day.

Ditto on Slick Rick as OC. But he could end up in NFL-E or AFL. I mean, Pennington is QB-ing the Jets, and his arm isn't the best in the world.

Originally posted by JohnsonCityVol@Feb 14, 2005 8:48 PM
Ditto on Slick Rick as OC. But he could end up in NFL-E or AFL. I mean, Pennington is QB-ing the Jets, and his arm isn't the best in the world.

His ability is a far cry better than Rick's. Is the Pennington of the Jets related to the Pennington of Bama by any chance? Just curious.

lets not forget rick didnt get the brunt of the schedule schaeffer/ainge had....he got majority of the easier games towards the end. but i can see him ON a team in the AFL not particulary starting

I don't know if Spencer is related to Chad, but I watched a segement on ESPN a while back and Chad is from knoxville and has been a UT fan his whole life. They showed baby pictures with a tennessee football in his crip. I wonder why he didn't come to Tennessee.

Originally posted by SuperVol@Feb 15, 2005 4:21 AM
I don't know if Spencer is related to Chad, but I watched a segement on ESPN a while back and Chad is from knoxville and has been a UT fan his whole life. They showed baby pictures with a tennessee football in his crip. I wonder why he didn't come to Tennessee.

Peyton Manning
Tee Martin
Casey Clausen

I see Rick staying on at UT as a graduate assistant and then stepping into coaching position at UT. I think he has found a home.

Originally posted by GVF+Feb 15, 2005 8:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GVF @ Feb 15, 2005 8:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SuperVol@Feb 15, 2005 4:21 AM
I don&#39;t know if Spencer is related to Chad, but I watched a segement on ESPN a while back and Chad is from knoxville and has been a UT fan his whole life. They showed baby pictures with a tennessee football in his crip. I wonder why he didn&#39;t come to Tennessee.

Peyton Manning
Tee Martin
Casey Clausen [/quote]
Pennington was passed over by all of the majors. As is the case each year, someone glides under the radar and hits it big at a mid-major like Pennington did at Marshall. UT did not recruit him out of high school. He blossomed at Marshall, but to be honest, even if he had gone to UT, I doubt he&#39;d have ever seen the field.

His situation was a good one at Marshall and he got the attention of the pros. While he&#39;s a decent QB, he&#39;s not a great pro QB.

Originally posted by SuperVol@Feb 15, 2005 4:21 AM
I don&#39;t know if Spencer is related to Chad, but I watched a segement on ESPN a while back and Chad is from knoxville and has been a UT fan his whole life. They showed baby pictures with a tennessee football in his crip. I wonder why he didn&#39;t come to Tennessee.

i doubt he was recruited

I think I read it somewhere, just not sure where. But, if no one else has heard or read it, maybe I am wrong. Maybe I just thought he would make a good coach and somehow concocted this whole thing in my questionable mind. I think Rick is a good, not great, college qb. He held it together for us pretty well considering his lack of playing time. I don&#39;t know, however, if he will be able to (have the snaps to) mature enuf for the pros, though. Anyway, he could make a great coach if he doesn&#39;t get the opportunity to play some pro ball. I am sure Phil would like him to stay on and help coach his younger bro.

VN Store

Back