Rick Barnes Positive for COVID-19: Games this week are in doubt

Could the team play with no coaches? If all the players are cleared. Would actually be pretty cool to see. Don’t know if something like that has ever happened before
It happened... I seent it. Lance Harbor stepped in as a player coach when Mox got Bud Kimor to quit at halftime in a game!!

so why aren’t they testing players who have already had it?

I believe they won't test for 90 days. But if someone had it in the spring or summer, I would guess they are getting tested. Having it is kind of like the vaccine in that the antibodies only last for so long.

Reactions: zjcvols
Of course this happens right when something I was looking forward to was about to happen.

Don't we have associate head coaches? Do the games stop when a head coach is ejected? Do games get canceled or postponed when coaches are unable to attend for family emergencies, unforseen circumstances, etc?

I don't know the answer to the original question, but "common sense" is a weak argument for either position.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
I swear Tennessee athletics is cursed. An all-time historically bad Tennessee football team, and right as we were about to get to watch one of the most talented teams we've ever had in basketball this happens.

I am sad.

On the good side, I'd rather get through it early in the season than later.

I didn't even know it was up to five...I usually read BBC for news, and there was a report on the first, but that's the only one I've seen.

I didn't either. My daughter is a speech path and on the front lines of this stuff, and is just getting over COVID. She has been a little panicky about getting it again. Per our research, the one you are talking about is probably a guy in Nevada. The other 4 cases were in other countries.

On the good side, I'd rather get through it early in the season than later.

I guess, although if we can't avoid positive tests before we start traveling, that is not a good sign. I knew this was probably coming, but I want basketball season to happen so bad.

I didn't either. My daughter is a speech path and on the front lines of this stuff, and is just getting over COVID. She has been a little panicky about getting it again. Per our research, the one you are talking about is probably a guy in Nevada. The other 4 cases were in other countries.
Yes, I remember male and Nevada. Makes sense, I'm sure the report I saw was US only.

Reactions: VOLED
Don't we have associate head coaches? Do the games stop when a head coach is ejected? Do games get canceled or postponed when coaches are unable to attend for family emergencies, unforseen circumstances, etc?

I don't know the answer to the original question, but "common sense" is a weak argument for either position.
Contact tracing rules are the issue here, as has been hammered over and over by those around CBB. Barnes tests positive, very likely he and the others assistants have had lots of contact and therefore contact tracing becomes an issue with all the coaches, even if they’re negative.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Contact tracing rules are the issue here, as has been hammered over and over by those around CBB. Barnes tests positive, very likely he and the others assistants have had lots of contact and therefore contact tracing becomes an issue with all the coaches, even if they’re negative.
Ah, I see.

I can live with missing the first few games if necessary. Obviously not ideal, but there's not much choice or wiggle room.

If it was just Barnes I’m sure that someone could take his place.

I’m saying if none of four coaches can be there, then there won’t be a game

At last look, there were 5 confirmed cases of people getting it twice. That is out of the 40 m that have had it.

That's kinda what I was thinking. I'm guessing its people who have really depressed immune system when they get the 2nd round. I don't expect that it will be an issue for the vast majority of the population. Maybe those that have already had it, get a vaccine after everyone else, just to be on the safe side, but otherwise I would expect that immunity lasts on the order of years, not weeks or months.

Reactions: VOLED

VN Store

Back