Rick Barnes has emerged as a serious candidate the for UCLA job, reportedly has interviewed

Another factor nobody is talking is Barnes evangelical faith. This is not a small deal in CA anymore where SJW's are lurking around every bush, looking for something to be offended by. A coach that prays with and baptizes players? Yeah, he's going to fit right in there.

There are plenty of evangelicals in Southern California. Heck...Francis Chan's church is only 35 miles from UCLA's Westwood Center.

Reactions: JazzMaster001
I'd say if he talked to the team at 5 someone would have leaked it. I would spoil UCLA's big reveal just like Kirby "apparently" leaked the Chaney info when he left.
FWIW I think he's staying.

I get that the UCLA job is very attractive but Volnation fully embraced coach Barnes. I know loyality means nothing but it stings to lose Barnes if he has accepted the job

I think Barnes regrets turning down Kentucky and knows he was fired after that. Hard to expect loyalty when one has gone thru that before

I'd think he would want to address his players either way on this thing. If it doesn't break tonight I'd say he was open and honest with them and told them he has a decision to make.

Now that makes sense.

He will regret leaving. Wait and see.

I'd be willing to wager he's in the NCAAT next year with UCLA. I can't see that being the case at UT if Grant and Bone leave.

giphy.gif

I think Barnes regrets turning down Kentucky and knows he was fired after that. Hard to expect loyalty when you one has gone thru that before

I agree. Loyality isnt shown from University's or coaches. Just a dumb money game. It still sucks. I remember when Barnes was canned. They did the man so dirty. The AD told him he would keep his job just to find out from 3rd parties he lost it.

Reactions: BruinVol
I think Barnes regrets turning down Kentucky and knows he was fired after that. Hard to expect loyalty when one has gone thru that before

Maybe don’t underperform then with high ranked recruiting teams then.

If Barnes is wanting loyalty he better hope he starts performing in the tournament at UCLA or he will be gone pretty quickly.

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum
If he is leaving I'm dreading how long and drawn out this coaching search is going to be.
Fulmer was working with ETSU before getting hired at UT two years ago. First call goes to their AD...second goes to Forbes.

VN Store

Back