Rick Barnes has emerged as a serious candidate the for UCLA job, reportedly has interviewed

Why has G Marshall not left yet? Is he from Kansas? waiting on Tier 1 job? feel like he would be at top of the potential list

And he was also paying players.

Person was working with advisors using his position for personal gain, not program gain. They are completely separate.
Just gonna assume you didn’t read the court judgement on Person
I know exactly what Person plead guilty to. My point is that there is smoke around Auburn's program, and thereby Pearl, since he runs the program. This is compounded by incidents he's had at other schools.

Given Bruce's history, I think you're willing to give him a benefit of the doubt he's done nothing to deserve. Our risk-averse AD is going nowhere near him.

Reactions: cncchris33
Talent isn’t generally an issue for UT in football either, at least as far as on paper recruiting goes... yet here we sit 10 years and 4 coaches later still sucking.

You’re comparing basketball which has 5 positions to football and 22 positions? Seriously?

Easier to recruit in basketball. You think we’d only recruit 25 players if there wasn’t a cap?

Wrong. Miller's assistant "Book" Richardson was doing the same thing, in addition to other things. You don't really think some of that money ended up in the hands of recruits?

Again, you're giving him a benefit of the doubt he certainly does not deserve.
Pearl was shady well before he got to UT.

Everybody overlooked it because he had some success there and here and was exciting before he got stupid.

That didnt change after the AA put him in jail and AU (lol) hired him.

They dont change their spots.

I don't think Phil would even entertain the thought of hiring Pearl. Not with what went down when he was at Tennessee, and not with the smoke surrounding him at Auburn.

Pearl was *this* close to being fired for cause before last season started because he wasn't cooperating with Auburn's internal investigation after Chuck Person got arrested.

Rumors abound when something like Person happens. The fact is neither one of us knows what was said or done in Auburn's investigation. Pearl is still there, is he not?

Koch brothers are paying him good money, and his family is comfortable there.
They're paying him good money for a program like Wichita St. He isn't making what I'd call "good money" relative to other top coaches in the sport. He's staying there primarily because he's comfortable there.

Also, his teams very quietly have not been all that great since Wichita St moved to the AAC. They weren't great this year, but very few people talked about it.

You’re comparing basketball which has 5 positions to football and 22 positions? Seriously?

Easier to recruit in basketball. You think we’d only recruit 25 players if there wasn’t a cap?
Ugh no I’m not saying the two are identical Jesus. Simply saying it’s not always so cut and dry.

If they are not identical, why make the comparison. It’s lunacy
Really? So if something isn’t identical it’s unfair to make a comparison? Let’s just end this convo here buddy I’m not interested in wasting my time arguing silly semantics.

"Journalism" appears to be the only occupation where you can CONSISTENTLY be wrong and still keep your job. Zero credibility with these dumbasses.

There a big difference between journalism and reporting. It's like the modern Mustang; it may look similar, but under the hood the current models can't hold a candle to the real thing.

Really? So if something isn’t identical it’s unfair to make a comparison? Let’s just end this convo here buddy I’m not interested in wasting my time arguing silly semantics.

Recruiting for football and developing the recruits is a far longer and more in-depth process than basketball

nick-fury-infinity-war-gif-3.gif

VN Store

Back