Rick Barnes first time beating a #1

I couldn't believe that when i first heard it. Its true, i looked iT up.

I was skeptical about Barnes at first. I thought another recycled coach, but he has surprised me and the program has grown beyond my expectations in a short time .. wish the football team could get the same mojo going! The big orange beat a number one team today! Having fun snowed in tonight north west of Asheville Everybody be safe

GBO!!!

I was skeptical about Barnes at first. I thought another recycled coach, but he has surprised me and the program has grown beyond my expectations in a short time .. wish the football team could get the same mojo going! The big orange beat a number one team today! Having fun snowed in tonight north west of Asheville Everybody be safe

GBO!!!

I was with you. I figured it was just another money grab for him. I was wrong. But RB has to cash in on this on the recruiting trail. League is getting tougher and we lose two key cogs after this season.

I knew Barnes was a good hire. I lived in Austin while he was coaching there and he had those boys playing well.

Reactions: OneVolNation

GBO!!!
I'm with you on that. I knew he was a good coach earlier in his career but I thought he was at the end and was just looking for a good pay before he retired. Was thinking that he didn't really have the drive anymore to go after the championships and was just going to get paid and be average. I'm soo glad I'm wrong about that, and come March this team is going to be tough to beat for any team in the country.

Everyone making big deal about first victory over #1 bball team since 2010. If that seems like a big deal, just wait until we do it in football...

Reactions: FïreBall
Everyone making big deal about first victory over #1 bball team since 2010. If that seems like a big deal, just wait until we do it in football...
I'm good, got to see Tee and Al win a Natty, I do, however, hope my son will see it in his lifetime.

Anyone else notice Admiral coming off the floor going into time outs after knocking down big 3's at the end of the game? He wasn't jumping around giving chest bumps...he was telling everyone to settle down. Think that's a big step in maturity from Kansas game, in that Barnes mentioned the moment was too big for some of the players, and just think Admiral showed tremendous leadership to calm everyone down and stay focused...not on a good play, but winning the game.

Anyone else notice Admiral coming off the floor going into time outs after knocking down big 3's at the end of the game? He wasn't jumping around giving chest bumps...he was telling everyone to settle down. Think that's a big step in maturity from Kansas game, in that Barnes mentioned the moment was too big for some of the players, and just think Admiral showed tremendous leadership to calm everyone down and stay focused...not on a good play, but winning the game.
I noticed that too. I also noticed that after the game Admiral shortly celebrated with teammates and then ran over to catch Mark Few and shake his hand and give him a hug. Shows what a good man, a good person,and a total class act he his. Makes you really proud he's a true vol

Reactions: Thorp32
When Grant fouled out against Kansas I told my wife that if Admiral was the man they say he is that that was his chance to show it.

He didnt and we lost.

When Grant fouled out today I told my wife that this was his chance to redeem himself.

He did and we won.

Hell of an effort.

CRB is tied with Gary Williams at 25th place on the all time career win list with 668 career wins.

VN Store

Back