Rick Barnes Approval Rating Thread (1-10)

Ppl are crazy in here. Rick Barnes hasn't done anything pivotal to advance the program. If anything it has gotten worse. I would give him a 3 at best and next year doesn't appear to get any better.

I'd rather have any of our last 3 coaches than this coach. He is at the end of his career, but the higher ups and fan base will give him opportunity after opportunity just to fail. If it wasn't for Kevin Durant he'd been fired from Texas a long time ago.

2 or 3 because of very weak player development skills

I share this concern. I didn't think Schofield or Phillips were much better in year 2 than year 1. Phillips actually seemed to go backwards.

If we don't see big improvements from Bone, Bowden, and Turner, we will be in big trouble and not be near a tournament team next year.

Hubbs is a much bigger loss than people want to admit. Evans turned into a serviceable 4 guy by the end of the year. We will need Alexander to continue progressing and Kent to be ready from Day 1 to have a chance at the NCAAT.

so big deal...we all know your perfect...just by your bandwagon post...lol....but that means i'm just as qualified to post a bit@h or gripe as you'll ever be..then again i will give you that hubbs may have not been the best play to call because of his knee...but damn bruh...call something...it just hurts...if you need to further your tirade do so...i'm bigger than that...but you know i'm right..

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂👌

Ppl are crazy in here. Rick Barnes hasn't done anything pivotal to advance the program. If anything it has gotten worse. I would give him a 3 at best and next year doesn't appear to get any better.

I'd rather have any of our last 3 coaches than this coach. He is at the end of his career, but the higher ups and fan base will give him opportunity after opportunity just to fail. If it wasn't for Kevin Durant he'd been fired from Texas a long time ago.

So Durant is the sole reason Barnes is a HOF coach ?

I share this concern. I didn't think Schofield or Phillips were much better in year 2 than year 1. Phillips actually seemed to go backwards.

If we don't see big improvements from Bone, Bowden, and Turner, we will be in big trouble and not be near a tournament team next year.

Hubbs is a much bigger loss than people want to admit. Evans turned into a serviceable 4 guy by the end of the year. We will need Alexander to continue progressing and Kent to be ready from Day 1 to have a chance at the NCAAT.

I'm sorry, but your opinion losses all credibility when you use admiral as an example of player development being a failure. Also Shem has better guards in front of him that we didn't have his freshman year. I mean how do y'all come up with this crap, honestly?

What planet are you posting from?

We return everyone except for Hubbs and Lew, and get some additions including Fulkerson back. We absolutely should be better next year

What planet are you posting from?

We return everyone except for Hubbs and Lew, and get some additions including Fulkerson back. We absolutely should be better next year

I think adding Johnson, Walker, and Pons (plus Kent if he doesn't RS) and having 6 experienced sophomores instead of 6 freshmen in place of Hubbs and Evans makes for a roster upgrade.

I think adding Johnson, Walker, and Pons (plus Kent if he doesn't RS) and having 6 experienced sophomores instead of 6 freshmen in place of Hubbs and Evans makes for a roster upgrade.

Somebody needs to take control of the point guard situation. Bone seems the logical choice, if RB will let him play through his mistakes

I'd say 7. Some very disappointing games, but this team overachieved. Cuonzo and Donnie left this place a mess. Next year's team should be top 4 in SEC.

Got a head cold? Pretty sick statement. HOF coach and may have more NCAA appearances than all three coaches combined.

Yes he will retire from here and leave a solid foundation for the next coach.

I'm sorry, but your opinion losses all credibility when you use admiral as an example of player development being a failure. Also Shem has better guards in front of him that we didn't have his freshman year. I mean how do y'all come up with this crap, honestly?

Check out the sophomore stats of Phillips, Schofield and Alexander and tell me which of them jumps off the page as having made strides between their first and second seasons.

Admiral shot it better from 3 but that's the only improvement of the 3 guys.

Check out the sophomore stats of Phillips, Schofield and Alexander and tell me which of them jumps off the page as having made strides between their first and second seasons.

Wasn't Phillips playing a lot more PG in 2016-17 versus 2015-16? Plus Schofield was playing both inside and outside this year. The additions of Evans and Williams took potential stats away from Alexander. I wouldn't use stats as the only measure of whether they've advanced. Most defense isn't quantified on stat sheets. Phillips and Schofueld are more versatile... again not something that's easily measured.

AS 15/16: 8.7ppg 4.4rpg 43%fg 27%3pt
AS 16/17: 10.6ppg 5.3rpg 50%fg 45%3pt

Reactions: 2 people
Vols Basketball just isnt' fun to watch anymore. I think Barnes is a good coach...He's just not a "great" coach here. Give him another year to turn things around and maybe we might be "good". Unfortunately, I just don't see us being a top-quality team like Kentucky for years to come and that's sad. I give him a 5 at this point in time.

It would be a very impressive coaching job to have us in the NCAA Tournament next season despite getting creamed in recruiting on paper by seemingly the bulk of the SEC. I emphasize "on paper" because we have some 3* players who turned out to be 4* players in disguise. I hope the incoming class has another hidden 4*, along with the actual 4*.

Vols Basketball just isnt' fun to watch anymore. I think Barnes is a good coach...He's just not a "great" coach here. Give him another year to turn things around and maybe we might be "good". Unfortunately, I just don't see us being a top-quality team like Kentucky for years to come and that's sad. I give him a 5 at this point in time.

When have we ever been a "top-quality team like Kentucky" though? That seems like such an unreal expectation. You sound as if you were expecting him to take Tennessee from the bottom of the barrel and turn them into an NBA factory.

We will never be Kentucky, just like Vanderbilt will never be Alabama in football.

Somebody needs to take control of the point guard situation. Bone seems the logical choice, if RB will let him play through his mistakes

How many times is he going to blow by everyone, have an easy lane to the basket, and blow a bunny before it screws with him mentally? I mean it's a catch 22

VN Store

Back