Rick Barnes Approval Rating Thread (1-10)

All things considered they are young. Barnes I feel did good with what he had

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'll give him a 10 for recruiting and a 2 for coaching. His recruiting class was clearly underrated. He does a terrible job motivating his team and his offensive system is worse than Cuonzo's. We have the talent to do a lot of winning in the future, but Barnes must change. He does not maximize the potential of his teams.

Reactions: 1 person
I'll give him a 10 for recruiting and a 2 for coaching. His recruiting class was clearly underrated. He does a terrible job motivating his team and his offensive system is worse than Cuonzo's. We have the talent to do a lot of winning in the future, but Barnes must change. He does not maximize the potential of his teams.

This statement is puzzling. How can you have watched this team play all season and come to this conclusion? They have struggled recently, but prior to these struggles the offense was much better than anyone could have imagined with a group of underclassmen. CCM teams struggled on offense with 3 players who would play in the NBA. If you gave CRB the combination of Stokes, McRae, and Richardson, the Vols would have averaged 85 a game.

This statement is puzzling. How can you have watched this team play all season and come to this conclusion? They have struggled recently, but prior to these struggles the offense was much better than anyone could have imagined with a group of underclassmen. CCM teams struggled on offense with 3 players who would play in the NBA. If you gave CRB the combination of Stokes, McRae, and Richardson, the Vols would have averaged 85 a game.

There are games where we get zero fast break points. I don't see how you can win doing that. We have one of the most athletic teams, yet we are rarely aggressive. Barnes has complained about guard play. Hopefully the guards will improve and we will be able to get into the full court much more next year.

I give him 5 points for the way this average talent team played most of the year. He doesn't get the other 5 points for laziness on the recruiting trail so hes a solid 5 this year. had they made the tourney with this team I would have given him a 2-3 point bonus. If his team plays hard for a few games in the SEC Tourney then I would bump him to a 6

This is a silly thread! Barnes inherited a complete mess and he is now working with a very young team. Barnes is a heck of a coach, he is working long term. Next season we will see things finally start to improve. Patience is a virtue, a virtue often missing among sports fans.

Fair or not, Barnes is looking at Buzz levels of apathy going into next season.

The only time Buzz hit above a 4-5 was the day he was hired and it was known that he was MJs Roommate.

Barnes is having to coach again. He has been there. Recruits do not waltz through the door wanting to play here when you have other conferences and teams in the SEC that are better than you.

CBP was able to do us with Bumps and Cookouts where did that land us.

Our love for this School and campus taints our vision on kids and coaches can only do so much salesmanship without committing a NCAA Violation.

Last edited:
6. I think he's a solid Xs and Os guy. Not sold on his recruiting. I mean, I'm good with all the three star "glue guys" and complementary players, but to play with the big boys, you need at least one legit stud, maybe two. And he hasn't landed one yet. (Maybe Pons turns into one. We'll see.)

I might bump it to 7 if we win a game or two in the SECT and go to the NIT. This team needs tournament experience. And the more games we play, the better.

The only time Buzz hit above a 4-5 was the day he was hired and it was known that he was MJs Roommate.

Barnes is having to coach again. He has been there. Recruits do not waltz through the door wanting to play here when you have other conferences and teams in the SEC that are better than you.

CBP was able to do us with Bumps and Cookouts where did that land us.

Our love for this School and campus taints our vision on kids and coaches can only do so much salesmanship without committing a NCAA Violation.

I really don't see what the bulk of the SEC has to offer a basketball recruit that Tennessee doesn't.
I hold the coaches accountable for the recruiting results.

4 if we miss the NIT. 5 if we make the NIT. 7 if we beat both UGA and UK in the SECT. 7.5 if we reach the SECT final. 9.5 if we win the SECT.

So, yeah, I'm down to a 4 right now, because we are a .500 team in Year 2 and seem to be getting out-recruited by the vast majority of the league. I'll quickly change my tune if the team makes some history next week.

Did you get out recruited if your team played better. Peal had a good class on paper, Barns had a better class on the wood.
Pons will start a landslide of 4 stars coming to Knoxville. Not that Pons is so great but players will see Barnes can make them better players. He has 3-4 good examples to show recruits.

VN Store

Back