Rick Barnes and Tennessee's basketball uprising

WilliamDuVOL

SIAP. One of the better articles I've seen in a while from ESPN. It was on the front page of the men's basketball homepage. I really enjoyed reading this. Didn't see it anywhere else so here you guys go.

As an edit: I still don't agree that we're a full on basketball school or ever will be, but I thought the light they painted this team and coach in was great.

well, when you're number one guess even ESPN has to get on the bandwagon...:)

GO VOLS...RECRUIT LIKE HECK!

ESPN loves us!

I came here to see if it was already posted, because it is a fine article. Gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling, on such a winter's day.

Reactions: cardvolfan
ESPN loves us!

I came here to see if it was already posted, because it is a fine article. Gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling, on such a winter's day.

Same here. It was a great feel good article, and it definitely makes you feel like Rick Barnes wants to finish his career here. I definitely think he will.

Reactions: FlVols
Good article. Written very simply and not over the top dramatization. As my journalist wife has told me for 40+ years.."when writing to an audience always keep it as simple as possible and for goodness sakes leave out all the "that's, this's, and well's"...She once wrote an article for a large, prestigious magazine about blood platelets and their effect on coagulation etc etc...after I read the article I was so impressed she knew that much about the subject. She admitted to me later she knew nothing more about the subject than when she started interviewing all the research doctors (who congratulated her later on the article) but just arrange their words SIMPLY without any drama and left it up to the reader to "learn something"...Go Vols...it feels good to have a team that's not only great but filled with great kids and coaches!!!

SIAP. One of the better articles I've seen in a while from ESPN. It was on the front page of the men's basketball homepage. I really enjoyed reading this. Didn't see it anywhere else so here you guys go.

As an edit: I still don't agree that we're a full on basketball school or ever will be, but I thought the light they painted this team and coach in was great.
We’ve been a basketball school all along, just took the demise of football and a coach to awaken it again. Ray Mears says welcome back.

I am sure glad we got him. I lived in Austin while Kevin Durant was playing for Texas. It was fun to go see them play. I knew he was a good coach and could not believe Texas fired him. Now we are #1 and Texas is.....Not.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnWardForever
Love the Love we're getting. Better to be a Basketball school than a bottom dweller school like we had been (we're on the way back though). Like said, recruit, recruit, recruit!!!

VN Store

Back