Rich? Convicted of Pesky Felonies? No Problem! Trump Will Pardon You.

You are correct. There is no possible way for economic growth and the resulting increased tax revenue to outpace our spending. The arithmetic doesn't work. However in your post to which i replied, you mentioned Trump's fiscal policy is unsound because of cutting taxes and increasing spending. In your most recent post, it seems you're walking back the tax cuts and more focused on spending. If that is true, then the fiscal policy of Obama is no better because he spent recklessly too.

Barry called it “investing” so it’s different. ACA, “shovel ready jobs”, entitlement spending, and bailouts didn’t cost a thing.

Reactions: 37L1 and vols40
Obviously, you have to consider the completely different economic climate in which he took office. I would strongly disagree that it was reckless.
Your opinion of disagreement is your prerogative. The economic climate was frightening. But increased spending because we are scared is not born from nobility.
I disagree with Bush's spending because of the same economic fears. I disagree with Bush's increased spending on fruitless wars because of the fears of terrorism and attack.
In the mind of a politician, there will ALWAYS be a reason to increase spending. It is our duty as citizens to stand firm and say no. And we should endeavor to be courageous whether we voted for or against the politician wanting to increase.

Barry called it “investing” so it’s different. ACA, “shovel ready jobs”, entitlement spending, and bailouts didn’t cost a thing.
Creative marketing, sloganeering, and sales pitches aside, it doesn't matter what they call it. Believe it or not, I have no problem with the economic theory which advocates for putting money in the economy to stimulate growth. Keynes's theory has merit. But we never adhere to the second half of his idea which says we should pay down debt once the economy is recovered. I think our government system plays into this. Politicians leave the mess for the next guy to clean up. So our dire economic can is kicked down the road in perpetuity.

Reactions: tennvols77 and 37L1
Wasn't he convicted by the Illinois Senate in his impeachment trial without a single senator voting to acquit? ALL Dems voted to convict and remove. But I know, I know, tribalism.

Let it go man. Roddy B is a shady Illinois Democrat. The guy has served his time. I guarantee that the Daley's have done much worse.

The idea that Obama promoted unity is laughable. No partisan politician is promoting unity. True unity would mean working together. That means working with the opposing party, and no partisan politician in this day and age wants to do that. They want to enact their own proposals. Case in point, did Obama work with Republicans on ACA? No. There was no unity, no peace, no whatever garbage you want to spew. It's a myth the Democrats want to create to look noble. Politicians are not noble. At least not the politicians of today. As long as we have two political parties constantly at each others' throats, fighting for power, it's absurd to claim anyone is trying to unite the country.

They are equally dead.
Within the are pregnant category, there is great variation. Which was the point.
You've, once again, missed the point.

But here you are, still digging the hole you are standing in trying to get out.

Wait. The numbers in this tweet correct? And we have the screechies making a thread about Trumps pardons?
BWHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

"...Trump on Tuesday commuted the jail sentence of Rod Blagojevich, the ex-Illinois governor convicted of trying to sell off the Senate seat once held by former President Barack Obama, among other crimes. He pardoned Bernie Kerik, the former New York police commissioner who was convicted of tax fraud. And in another controversial move, he pardoned a fellow kingpin of 1980s New York, the junk bond entrepreneur Michael Milken, convicted of conspiracy to hide stocks and tax fraud."

$$$

"...Trump on Tuesday commuted the jail sentence of Rod Blagojevich, the ex-Illinois governor convicted of trying to sell off the Senate seat once held by former President Barack Obama, among other crimes. He pardoned Bernie Kerik, the former New York police commissioner who was convicted of tax fraud. And in another controversial move, he pardoned a fellow kingpin of 1980s New York, the junk bond entrepreneur Michael Milken, convicted of conspiracy to hide stocks and tax fraud."

$$$
Now, just completely imagine how much they know especially Blagojevich.

What is your obsession with how the world views Bush/Obama/Trump? Why should any of us care how someone in Brussels or Berlin feels about America or the person who occupies the White House?
Because it's informative and significant.

You are right. I should’ve worded that better. It shouldn’t have been a “shot” to you as question why your kids would be so emotional over an election. I see it all the time where people get their kids worked up emotionally over stuff that doesn’t matter and it manifests much later in life with therapy and/or drugs
Understood. My kids are all doing just fine and I found their responses to the election 100% appropriate. Had they been indifferent, that's when I would have questioned their development and my parenting.

On January 17, 2017, as one of the final acts of his presidency, Barack Obama commuted the sentence of 74-year-old Oscar Lopez Rivera, Please research his crimes and compare them to the crimes to everyone President Trump pardoned or commuted.

VN Store

Back