Rexrode: "No thanks! SEC Media Days should stay in Alabama, out of Nashville"

Atlanta is as much ACC as SEC. Heck, the SEC Network is in Charlotte, NC. Atlanta has nothing on Nashville except horrendous traffic.

I actually think Rexrode was tongue in cheek with his comments, but he's a Big10 guy anyway. He's still learning what's it like to cover elite college athletics in the 3 major sports. He might be pissed about missing out on his per diem. The Gumps would feel right at home. There's more bandwagon Bama fans in middle Tennessee than Vandy fans.

Reactions: WeAreTheRealUT.
Has anyone thought that he may not want the pilgrimage of Gumps to flood into Nashville and immediately drop the entire states IQ in a matter of seconds?

We already get the annual hillbilly vacation each March from Kentucky without issues.

SEC media days is just another event for Atl. Nashville will knock it outta the park. I doubt they'll make any place permanent and probably shouldnt. Make some $ off it. Cities will pay for it.

Logistically speaking; ATL is the obvious choice. (SEC Title game already) That and Nashville is getting too damn big, you can't get thru there between 3 and 7 p.

He is punting because he looses a all inclusive payed trip to drink beer with the rest of the media. He has to stay home if hosted in Nashville. Its no secret that these media guys go on a serious 4 day bender at this event. I have heard some crazy stories. lol
Jimmy Hyams drinks near beer.

Logistically speaking; ATL is the obvious choice. (SEC Title game already) That and Nashville is getting too damn big, you can't get thru there between 3 and 7 p.

Atl traffic a piece of cake? All the hotels, etc are with in easy walking distance from Music City Center or Bridgestone. And many restaurants also. No need to drive while youā€™re in Nashville.

Yeah the NFL draft was such a failure this year I'm sure the city doesn't want another debacle such as that again. šŸ˜Ž

VN Store

Back