Rexrode: "No thanks! SEC Media Days should stay in Alabama, out of Nashville"

CampBlount

Please ban me. VN is toxic.
Tennessean's Joe Rexrode:

"No thanks! SEC Media Days should stay in Alabama, out of Nashville"
"HOOVER, Alabama — The first of four days of SEC Network content, in which more than 1,000 reporters serve as bloated scenery and 0.03 percent of the words spoken are interesting, started Monday with these words from Commissioner Greg Sankey: This thing is coming to Nashville in 2021.
No thanks.
Can we punt?
We don’t need it."

MY thoughts:
1. What in the world is he thinking?
2. Sounds like he enjoys his junkets to beautiful suburban Hoover.
3. I guess the fact that they're staging it at the new Grand Hyatt means they won't build a mammoth riverfront stage and cut down trees.

Reactions: RollerVol
One side of me says bring it to on, one side is traditional( and yes I know it wasn't always there) and wouldn't mind if it stayed where it is

SEC Media Days is a total waste of time.
May be a waste of time, but not exposure. Nashville, itself is an example of building what UT's trying to build. It had traditional "base" in country music, then leveraged the Titans, renovated Broad and Second Ave, changed it's image and now it's the hottest city in the South, with 100 people per day moving to town, some of which, we hope play football and LOVE the Vols. Same for UT on image building...the tradition is there, and we're in the building process. So, ANY positive exposure to Nashville and the state of TN has the potential to have transitive properties to UT latching onto Nashville's mojo...maybe a "reach", but less of a reach to the incumbent city.

May be a waste of time, but not exposure. Nashville, itself is an example of building what UT's trying to build. It had traditional "base" in country music, then leveraged the Titans, renovated Broad and Second Ave, changed it's image and now it's the hottest city in the South, with 100 people per day moving to town, some of which, we hope play football and LOVE the Vols. Same for UT on image building...the tradition is there, and we're in the building process. So, ANY positive exposure to Nashville and the state of TN has the potential to have transitive properties to UT latching onto Nashville's mojo...maybe a "reach", but less of a reach to the incumbent city.

I thought they had 100 wanna be singers per day moving in anyway.

Last thing we need in TN is a crap ton of Hotel, Restaurant and bar revenue for a whole week!!

Seriously though wish it was gonna be in Ktown!

Last edited:
Reactions: RollerVol
He is punting because he looses a all inclusive payed trip to drink beer with the rest of the media. He has to stay home if hosted in Nashville. Its no secret that these media guys go on a serious 4 day bender at this event. I have heard some crazy stories. lol

Is there ANY major industry in the state of alabama other than the SEC? I don't get what or why anyone would want to host an event much less ANY annual event in that state.

Huntsville is the Happening City in Alabama; Birmingham is fading fast. I actually think that Atlanta is the obvious choice, and that after One Year in Nashville; ATL will be named the permanent host.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Huntsville is the Happening City in Alabama; Birmingham is fading fast. I actually think that Atlanta is the obvious choice, and that after One Year in Nashville; ATL will be named the permanent host.
Atlanta makes sense, but, country music and SEC football, like the NFL draft, just "fits"... so, I'd be surprised if Nashville is "one and done".

SEC media days is just another event for Atl. Nashville will knock it outta the park. I doubt they'll make any place permanent and probably shouldnt. Make some $ off it. Cities will pay for it.

Is there ANY major industry in the state of alabama other than the SEC? I don't get what or why anyone would want to host an event much less ANY annual event in that state.
Crystal meth?

Move the SEC headquarters to Nashville. Now that's something. Who cares about a bunch of meaningless media days clogging up traffic as I try to go home from work. Leave that crap in Bama.

VN Store

Back